PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

a3rdeye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to a3rdeye
Re: Fix/Workaround for 2016 Issue

As of 0750 central time I had a Sprint tech with some common sense and give me a flat out "WE HAVE NO SOLUTION" response. He told me that it's a WinMO issue and Microsoft is developing a patch for it. I asked him about ziggy's cab and regedit and he informed me that it HAS NOT affected the servers in anyway.

My question for the forum is can someone walk me through this so it acts with the Touch Flow messaging feature. I have installed/uninstalled/ reset/ and done a straight regedit through Rescoe explorer and have been unable to have the fix work with the scolling message feature. Suggestions?

as always thanx for ur hard work guys.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have Sprint and the cab worked fine. But it doesn't fix your old texts. I just deleted all the ones I got Jan. 1st upto when I installed the cab. I think a lot of people thinks it will fix old texts also. Just from installing cab and forward.

BOO B)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i hope microsoft actually has a fix. i mean its not a big issue "really", but how could they miss a mistake like this?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo4G

fusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to fusion Send a message via MSN to fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
i hope microsoft actually has a fix. i mean its not a big issue "really", but how could they miss a mistake like this?
i 100% agree... and i was just starting to get some respect back for them with win7...
By no means is it required, but if you appreciate my work feel free to buy me a beer
Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch / windows mobile 6.1
Carrier: sprint

scarydok is a n00b

Hey all, after reading all of the posts, as most of you have pointed out, this does seem to be a WinMo issue, but I'm still confused as to why Android phones are experiencing the issue as well.

I have a Sprint TP2 with stock rom running WinMo 6.1. I'm also confused as to why this seems to be happening on some carriers, but not others. Why are some CDMA customers experiencing it, but others are not? There are several reports of WinMo on VZW that are not experiencing this issue, but several are.

I've got the workaround in place just so my messages are threaded properly, but am anxiously awaiting Uncle Bill's fix...
Old 01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Lurker

scarydok is a n00b

P.S.

Ziggy, sorry for not thanking you before, but I finally stomped that button...lol

Seriously, thank you.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Sorry but I don't think its a big deal (to me(, I think its kinda funny to have a date of 2016 on my texts, all my friends and family thought it was funny/cool.

Microsoft/Sprint will have an official fix for it eventually...

So what's the hurry in getting a temp fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"
Old 01-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Lurker

scarydok is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceeviper View Post
Sorry but I don't think its a big deal (to me(, I think its kinda funny to have a date of 2016 on my texts, all my friends and family thought it was funny/cool.

Microsoft/Sprint will have an official fix for it eventually...

So what's the hurry in getting a temp fix?

To me, it's frustrating that I not only spent how many hundreds of dollars on the smartphone, but I also give Sprint over $1300/yr to pay for service. And when something is flawed with the product that I'm continuously paying money for, that infuriates me.

Would you not be upset if you had a car that you were paying on, and because of a manufacturer's defect, the radio station would randomly change on you? It's not anything that's causing the car to not work, but it's something that is a major annoyance, isn't it? What would you do? Would you not be taking the car up to the dealership and telling them to fix it?

Please don't take these comments as me being rude or disrespectful, they are not meant as such. They are strictly to express my point of view on why I'm upset at Sprint/HTC/Microsoft for dragging their feet on this.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarydok View Post
Hey all, after reading all of the posts, as most of you have pointed out, this does seem to be a WinMo issue, but I'm still confused as to why Android phones are experiencing the issue as well.

I have a Sprint TP2 with stock rom running WinMo 6.1. I'm also confused as to why this seems to be happening on some carriers, but not others. Why are some CDMA customers experiencing it, but others are not? There are several reports of WinMo on VZW that are not experiencing this issue, but several are.

I've got the workaround in place just so my messages are threaded properly, but am anxiously awaiting Uncle Bill's fix...
My only guess as to why Android is also effected is that they use a similar conversion for the same field.

The reason for VZW not experiencing the problem, as I've stated before, is that VZW sets the same key I post in my original post by default. Some users running cooked ROMs from the great chefs here and other places, may or may not set that key also. I looked into a few of the kitchens I had downloaded, and all set the key in one way or another, some by default, some just for specific operators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarydok View Post
P.S.

Ziggy, sorry for not thanking you before, but I finally stomped that button...lol

Seriously, thank you.
No worries, I forget to hit thanks too, as do many of us around here. We find what we need, and go off to try it, but forget to come back and hit thanks when it worked or helped us get over that stumbling block.

Z
Old 01-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Windows 6.1

burn_31 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdave63 View Post
You might want to consider creating a cab to reverse this, since uninstalling might not be enough to undo this, so that when someone eventually pushes out a fix, this can be undone.
Is this true???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k