PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

snail3434 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A little help with an HTC Touch Pro 2

First I am new to this forum so hello everyone!!!!

I am switching from a BB storm2 to the HTC touch pro2 and I am having a few things that I am not quite sure how to make them work.

I would like the calendar events to show on the home page at least the next item that will be due. I see many people complaining that they can't get the calendar events to hide well I want them LOL!!

I need to take my phone in the bedroom with me at night so on a BB there is a setting for Phone Calls Only using this setting would only let the phone ring and all other notifications would be turned off with just one button. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I really love the functions of the BB but have had my fill 7 storm 1's and I still didnt learn now I have a storm 2 and really it isnt as bad as the first generation storm but women with fingernails really cannot type well.

I am in a direct sales position and I have a hearing impaired individual on my team and we communicate by texting and I have to tell you the keyboard on the BB just isnt for me.

Unfortunately I am a bit older and I have no idea how to update to winmo 6.5 or i would do that but that is totally native to me I am lost as soon as you start talking about the ROM and whatever that is lol

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Carrier: Sprint

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: A little help with an HTC Touch Pro 2

I am not sure about the second Text noticiation, But if you have youe Calendar synced it automatically show's up on the main page of Touch Flo, You can try and add one and you will be able to see it on the main page.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)

reyrey127 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail3434 View Post
First I am new to this forum so hello everyone!!!!

I am switching from a BB storm2 to the HTC touch pro2 and I am having a few things that I am not quite sure how to make them work.

I would like the calendar events to show on the home page at least the next item that will be due. I see many people complaining that they can't get the calendar events to hide well I want them LOL!!

I need to take my phone in the bedroom with me at night so on a BB there is a setting for Phone Calls Only using this setting would only let the phone ring and all other notifications would be turned off with just one button. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I really love the functions of the BB but have had my fill 7 storm 1's and I still didnt learn now I have a storm 2 and really it isnt as bad as the first generation storm but women with fingernails really cannot type well.

I am in a direct sales position and I have a hearing impaired individual on my team and we communicate by texting and I have to tell you the keyboard on the BB just isnt for me.

Unfortunately I am a bit older and I have no idea how to update to winmo 6.5 or i would do that but that is totally native to me I am lost as soon as you start talking about the ROM and whatever that is lol

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
all i can say is my gf has long MOTHER freakin nails and she used the TOUCH Pro 2 fine...

I am not savy in the tech area either but from reading earlier we can update win6.5 from sprint or verizon sometime in january.. hopefully... as of now until i get a case, my cell phone has been sitting in the nice sprint box with extra cotton balls surrounding it...

CHEERS!!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

outbackpaul is just getting started

Quote:
Yes, you can set the phone to stop pulling emails but you will still recieve text messages and phone calls. That comes standard with ActiveSync.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

snail3434 is a n00b

REyRey,

I can use the TP2 great with long nails it was the BB Storm that I couldnt use well lol

How do I know I am in TouchFlo again this is all new to me!!!!!!

Thanx for everyone that is Hlelping me I do appreciate it

S
Old 01-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Touch Flo is that thing with the icon's on the bottom that scroll from right to left and vice versa. If you scroll all the way to the left it's the main page, all the way to the right it's setting's on stock Sprint rom.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

snail3434 is a n00b

Rafy,

Thank you for the response, I have the little scroll bar across the bottom and it is usable but still no calendar events on the home page.

There is a little arrow there and if you slide it up then the clock gets small and if you pull it down the clock gets large again but when you pull the arrow even further nothing happens I cant seem to get the darn calendar events to come up I would be happy if just the next thing I need to do would be on the home screen.

I have alot to learn and I do appreciate the help

Thank you everyone!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Have you already synced your calendar? if so it sshould auto be there. Do you see the Alarm clock? If not then that is the problem. Edit: Excuse me you should see the Call history and the Calendar, if you see those then you should also see the Appt for the next day auto. if you dont see the call history on the main page then we can get you the fix.

Last edited by Rafy0003; 01-02-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

snail3434 is a n00b

Rafy,

Yup I synced the calendar and yes the alarm clock is there and also if you go to the month view of the calendar the little trianges are in the corner for the dates thjat have an event

S
Old 01-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Rafy,

Yup I synced the calendar and yes the alarm clock is there and also if you go to the month view of the calendar the little trianges are in the corner for the dates thjat have an event

S
Is the Event within 24 hour's? If not then it only works when it is 24 hours away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2