PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Diamond, Mogul, BlackBerry Curve 8330
Carrier: Sprint

desairs is keeping up the good workdesairs is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting a TP2 tom.

So after a month long process, I am finally getting my TP2. It will be here tom. So which rom should I use? I have always used Juicy and Mighty roms on my TP. I really like Sense 2.5 also. My main thing I need is good battery life. Thanks guys.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:23 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: Getting a TP2 tom.

Try MightyROM!
MightyMike has several different versions (with every combination possible!)!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I am useing Silences right now but Mighty's is just as good and he has a little more varitey of cooked rom's.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Stay with the stock rom, this phone has way better battery life than the TP ever did...I charge my phone every day and half...and thats with 2 bars left...Everyone seems to love these cooked roms, what exactly are they helping you with? More Bling? Unsupported 6.5 with Sense UI?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Everyone seems to love these cooked roms, what exactly are they helping you with? More Bling? Unsupported 6.5 with Sense UI?
Exactly!

It's kind of like you asking: Why get a Ferrari? 0-60 is 3 seconds? Girls will flock after you?
Old 12-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Well I wouldn't think girls would be flocking over me over a Touch Pro 2. From what I have seen in these forums is a lot of people crying about how things don't work on cooked ROM's. There are some that don't have issues, but a lot are have the opposite. I would rather keep my phone stock and wait for the supported released ROM. Basically your telling me you would modify your brand new 0-60 in 3 second Ferrari and void the warranty while doing so...just so you will have the girls flocking over you. Man you need a girlfriend or something...A phone is a phone...no need to bling it out. Anyways, I've always hated half the crap in these ROM's anyway...there not to my tasting...thats just my opinion though...Everyone is entitled to there opinions and ways...so I won't argue...your response just made me laugh.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Try MightyROM!
MightyMike has several different versions (with every combination possible!)!
+1

def. not stock

Old 12-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Well I wouldn't think girls would be flocking over me over a Touch Pro 2. From what I have seen in these forums is a lot of people crying about how things don't work on cooked ROM's. There are some that don't have issues, but a lot are have the opposite. I would rather keep my phone stock and wait for the supported released ROM. Basically your telling me you would modify your brand new 0-60 in 3 second Ferrari and void the warranty while doing so...just so you will have the girls flocking over you. Man you need a girlfriend or something...A phone is a phone...no need to bling it out. Anyways, I've always hated half the crap in these ROM's anyway...there not to my tasting...thats just my opinion though...Everyone is entitled to there opinions and ways...so I won't argue...your response just made me laugh.=D>
Geez, man, can't you tell an analogy when you see it? The "girls" comment was pertaining to the Ferrari example, not the phone itself. A phone doesn't go 0-60 in 3 seconds either... I was being facetious, champ

That being said, custom ROMs aren't as bad as you think. This is a forum used to help people. Ergo, when someone has an issue when running a cooked ROM, they often post asking for help. But keep in mind that people tend to be a lot more vocal when something is going wrong than they are when things are well. For every one post you see on this forum about a problem or glitch, there are like 20 other users who have had no issues whatsoever. People just tend not to write "all is well" every 15 seconds when things are running fine on a cooked ROM.

And as for voiding the warranty, if I ever needed to return my device to my carrier, it would only take me 5 minutes to flash back to stock and re-lock, thereby keeping the warranty in tact
Old 12-31-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)

reyrey127 is just getting started

hey OP what was the manufacturer date of your phone???
Old 12-31-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Geez, man, can't you tell an analogy when you see it? The "girls" comment was pertaining to the Ferrari example, not the phone itself. A phone doesn't go 0-60 in 3 seconds either... I was being facetious, champ
But keep in mind that people tend to be a lot more vocal when something is going wrong than they are when things are well. For every one post you see on this forum about a problem or glitch, there are like 20 other users who have had no issues whatsoever. People just tend not to write "all is well" every 15 seconds when things are running fine on a cooked ROM.
+1

I've never had a problem with any of the cooked ROMs. Any issue I've ever had is related to shortcomings on HTC's end, not the chefs'

Quote:
Well I wouldn't think girls would be flocking over me over a Touch Pro 2... Man you need a girlfriend or something
ChrisH09, you are interpreting his analogy waaayyy too literally man. He wasn't saying that a phone would get you girls. He was essentially saying that there are a lot of perks that stock ROMs don't offer that cooked ones do. The Ferrari thing was just an example

And as for the girlfriend comment you made, I happen to know Eschelon personally. Dude has a hot wife from Hawaii. Tan, blonde, the works Dude doesn't need a girlfriend, I can assure you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2