PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

peter l is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life Tweak

I tested out the battery life to maximize it yesterday. It work great!
These are what i've notice, 10% drop within 1 hr of using constant internet browsing. I texted and made voice calls, it last me 2 hrs straight with 10% battery life dropped. Conclusion: when fully charged, you will get 100% life. Using internet straight, you will get 10 hrs. Using text messages and voices, you will get 20 hrs. Another addition, standby mode without a single percentage drop!

Here is what I use on wm6.1 sprint stock. It will work on wm6.5 also:
1 - s2u2.cab : sliding lock screen
2 - NoPushInternet.cab - saving ram and battery life.
3 - strra data disconnect 60 seconds automatic after you close browser.

This next series of tweaks will improve the speed ,memory,and battery,you will save 10mbs of memory and your battery will last alot longer.

1st, install NoPushInternet.cab and do a softreset.
2nd, do a registry edit and a softrest:

To make the change, navigate to “HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\ResProxy” using a registry editor and change “ShareMemSize” to 0. By the way, if you want Opera to show up in HTC’s task manager, go to “HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\Syste m” and delete "Opera9.exe."

3rd, install strra data disconnect 60seconds.cab and do a softreset.

*strra data disconnect right away, even it say 60 seconds.
Thanks to InsomniacJedi for this cab! Hope I can help to max battery life.
Enjoy!!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab s2u2.cab (2.47 MB, 49 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab NoPushInternet_v2.CAB (59.5 KB, 77 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab strra data disconnect 60seconds.cab (1.3 KB, 92 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by peter l; 12-29-2009 at 05:23 AM. Reason: adding cab file for greater battery life
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff
Re: Battery Life Tweak

Good find but search would have a huge thread on this already
Old 12-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2

birddseedd is just getting started

has anyone else gotten results from this app? does it have any performance failings?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: S

tiger83 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (htc TP2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

OP, I don't think you can get 10 hrs of surfing from a single charge. The battery meter is not very accurate. It is definitely NOT linear. I have 3 batteries, 1 OEM and 2 from ebay. All 3 drop fast below 30%. It's often drop from 20% to 8% in about 10 mins. The last 5% seem to last a bit longer.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I have the 2000mah, that battery drop very fast when you get 30% like in 10 mins. It was really done with the test surfing on my phone for 10 hrs. I only use the OEM battery. I used without this tweak before, i get 10% drop every single 30 mins. browsing or using voices and texts. Still loving the tweak, it really help! Battery is great. Try it for yourself.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

jester87 is a n00b

I tried this yesterday and today and my batter has lasted me about 16 hours a day which is great because before I was dead in 9 or 10
Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

InsomniacJedi is keeping up the good workInsomniacJedi is keeping up the good work

Hey guys, I use this cab which disconnects the data connection after 60 seconds of non-use. It doesn't just turn the connection off though, when your e-mail sends or receives it will turn on the data connection but after the e-mail finishes it will turn the connection of after 60 seconds.

I've seen a dramatic uptick in battery life with one charge lasting upwards of 36 hours with heavy text and phone usage. Hope it helps!

All props go to strra for the cab!

It works on WM6.5 phones and I am running Mighty Rom with Sense 2.1.

Good luck guys!
Attached Files
File Type: cab strra data disconnect 60seconds.cab (1.3 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacJedi View Post
Hey guys, I use this cab which disconnects the data connection after 60 seconds of non-use. It doesn't just turn the connection off though, when your e-mail sends or receives it will turn on the data connection but after the e-mail finishes it will turn the connection of after 60 seconds.

I've seen a dramatic uptick in battery life with one charge lasting upwards of 36 hours with heavy text and phone usage. Hope it helps!

All props go to strra for the cab!

It works on WM6.5 phones and I am running Mighty Rom with Sense 2.1.

Good luck guys!
Good addition cab. it disconnected the data right away when i turn off my opera 9.5 browser. Hope my tweak and strra data disconnect help! Thanks InsomniacJedi
Old 12-29-2009, 05:23 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea this isnt new, alot known about these for quite some time now... But rock on for trying.... THEN AGAIN THINGS GET BURRIED AND THE SEARCH SUCKS so imma give you a thanks for a refresher... good day....

oh and wheres the s2us cab come into play to save battery??? thats a battery hog, uninstalling that will probably give ya even better battery, I notice a 20% decrease when s2us is enabled, I use the old 6.1 style lock screen...

Last edited by Dragon2; 12-29-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vicko5000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacJedi View Post
Hey guys, I use this cab which disconnects the data connection after 60 seconds of non-use.

just what ive been looking for.. my phone (whether on mighty rom or stock sprint rom w/ tweaks) has regularly lasted me all day and usually would last for about 36 hours on those days i forgot or couldnt charge..

still, its highly annoying to me to see the data connection running for 3 hours or more..

somehow i havent seen this anywhere.. i used to control connection time with the diamond tweaks and advance config cabs on the TP1 but couldn't find an equivalent on the TP2

Thanks!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2