PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Changes & Add-ons if I might return TP2 to VZ ???

Hello all

I just got a Verizon TP2 for Christmas and am trying to deal with this aggravating TF3D thing and a bunch of other stuff and to sum things up, this is really a trail for this thing as if I can't get it to work for me and it just ends up being useless and aggravating, its going back to Verizon and I'll go back to my nice a simple V60s.

So far its only been one day and it pretty much has been that, in a few posts and from reviewing several forms, I gather there is a lot of interface and other tweaks and tweak programs out there as well as registry hacking programs, that all may or may not get me where I want to but the big question is...

...if I use any of those can I still send it back to Verizon and will they still refund my money.

Or I guess the real question is, how and or can I do all of this and make sure I can bring it back to the stock condition they sent it to me?

Are there and complete backup programs that would be good for something like this?

If I use any of these hack programs can I just uninstall them in some way so that they are completely undetectable?

Thanks to any for any help
Old 12-26-2009, 11:47 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Changes & Add-ons if I might return TP2 to VZ ???

To return your phone to out of the box condition you need to do a hard reset (assuming that you have not flashed a new ROM yet).
There are two way to do a hard reset.
Via the hardware
Code:
Hold down the end key till the device powers off, then hold volume down, send
and end till you see blue text on a white background. Follow hard reset prompts.
Via the software (Start-Settings-System-Clear Storage)

All programs or hacks can be undone. After a hard reset the phone clears any programs or hacks that you have done to it

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 12-26-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
trying to deal with this aggravating TF3D thing
I'm curious, what is it about TF3D that you find so aggravating?
Old 12-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
I'm curious, what is it about TF3D that you find so aggravating?
Hello Paragon, well I think you may have replied to this on my other post but mainly its the whole scroll/activation of something thing.

Basically I am trying to evaluate this device to see if I want to keep it but I'm having a really hard time doing that as every time I try to scroll around to things I keep activate something I don't want to instead of scrolling.

For instance I imported all my contacts via outlook but since they came from a backup file from my V60's backup program they are a little messed up category wise, so last night I was trying to fix a few but every time I would try to coll to the right one, I would end up activating a wrong one before that then have to back out and start again from the top as it goes back to that.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Scrolling is unfortunately something that requires a bit of practice. Even then on most WM devices it can be frustrating.

Dave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2