PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Spb everything 50% off!!!

PROMO CODE: SPBHolidayDiscount

This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work
Re: Spb everything 50% off!!!

Sweet, thanks! This could be helpful to people. I acquire my SPB products through other means though :P
Old 12-24-2009, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow, great deal. Those of you running around without a backup program that does COMPLETE backups should jump on this. SPBBackup is the best behaving backup program for the TP2. I'd like to see an END to posts that wouldn't be needed if people did a automatic nightly backup, and had good backup habits while doing upgrades, adding cabs, etc.

Seeing all the posts on here that proper backup habits would eliminate is as frustrating as being on a car forum with members who refuse to change their oil complaining about engine wear issues.

And backing up to your computer, using PIMbackup, etc., isn't the same at all. SPBBackup saves every modification you've made, including to the registry, all personal settings, etc. You can have it save your daily backups for many days back (I save 15 days back), in case you have to unwind "system settings" back a few days to solve a problem, yet you can keep you're email, etc. up to date.

It's just plain nuts not to use a full backup program, and then keep having to have issues solved that would be avoided with proper backup habits.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Minister of Etc. is a n00b

/bump

I just put a copy of SPB Backup under the virtual XMas tree for myself this morning -- especially timely since my TP2 just hosed its PIM and settings while I'm out of town visiting relatives (I guess I tweaked it a little too hard while I was sitting around with the folks). I'm just glad I had a month-old backup of my PIM.VOL file on my SD card to make the Hard Reset I had to do to get things working again a little less painful.

Maybe the next time this happens won't suck quite as badly.

-MoEtc.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Cool, SPB has some of the best, most stable apps around. I actually have all of theirs I can use, but for someone in need, just go nuts. This is an excellent discount. Thanks for posting! Merry Christmas to all!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2