PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X
Is it just me or does WM just plain suck?

Ever since I have been using 6.5 I'm really starting to dislike wm. It just feels like something that should be simple is always hard. I don't really have any major issues but the OS just feels slow, laggy and just blaaaa.

Just a few examples to name a few:
I don't want my phone to turn on when a new txt comes in. Can't find a fix

I installed pocketshield on my phone to help keep the screen locked. It works well but seems to really bog the phone down.

If I am texting too quickly and try to send out while a txt is coming in I get pop ups for the sms send fail and that slows down the phone. Why can't it just wait till the incoming message is in and try again?

The ap store sucks

The phone is just laaaaggy and slow - it's like my DirecTV box.

6.1 seemed to run a lot better than 6.5 did at least in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with the phone, it just is slow.

I am thinking about maybe dumping my grandfather sero plan so I can get a pre or something.

I really do like the phone itself just the os sucks. I have a new ipod 3rd gen and granted it's not a phone but it has the same "guts" as the 3gs. Everything I do on that thing is FAST. Aps open up very quickly, it's VERY smooth, it doesn't freeze, the web browser crushes opera mobile. I would never get at&t and you can't customize the iphone as much as a wm phone.

Yes I know if I don't like it I can get a new phone but like I said I do like the phone itself, love the keyboard but the OS just blows.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way?
Old 12-23-2009, 10:50 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: Is it just me or does WM just plain suck?

to sum up everything you said into a simple answer: meh. i'm happy.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's just you...
Old 12-23-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Ever since I have been using 6.5 I'm really starting to dislike wm. It just feels like something that should be simple is always hard. I don't really have any major issues but the OS just feels slow, laggy and just blaaaa.

Just a few examples to name a few:
I don't want my phone to turn on when a new txt comes in. Can't find a fix

I installed pocketshield on my phone to help keep the screen locked. It works well but seems to really bog the phone down.

If I am texting too quickly and try to send out while a txt is coming in I get pop ups for the sms send fail and that slows down the phone. Why can't it just wait till the incoming message is in and try again?

The ap store sucks

The phone is just laaaaggy and slow - it's like my DirecTV box.

6.1 seemed to run a lot better than 6.5 did at least in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with the phone, it just is slow.

I am thinking about maybe dumping my grandfather sero plan so I can get a pre or something.

I really do like the phone itself just the os sucks. I have a new ipod 3rd gen and granted it's not a phone but it has the same "guts" as the 3gs. Everything I do on that thing is FAST. Aps open up very quickly, it's VERY smooth, it doesn't freeze, the web browser crushes opera mobile. I would never get at&t and you can't customize the iphone as much as a wm phone.

Yes I know if I don't like it I can get a new phone but like I said I do like the phone itself, love the keyboard but the OS just blows.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way?

First of all, you're not on an official Windows 6.5 Sprint ROM, so I'd say before judging the phone based on a flashed ROM, get the official upgrade when it's released. Home brew ROMs will never top a stock ROM, because they lack the testing of a real release.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:06 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
It's just you...
No its not.. compared to other devices WM IS slow as hell
Old 12-23-2009, 11:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Flash_C4 is just getting started

It's not you. You make a lot of valid points and it is very frustrating when Microsoft dropped the ball with their mobile platform the way they have. When they did this kind of things in the desktop market with such great things as Windows ME and Vista they still didn't take much of a hit because of the huge market saturation that they have. The mobile market is very different because it is still emerging unlike the PC OS market. If there were other players (Apple doesn't count because they have never wanted to play the game the way others do) in the OS market 20+ years ago that would have been able to get the upper hand on Microsoft in the way that other mobile platforms have done (Apple with the iPhone, Google with Android, Blackberry, Symbian etc) then Microsoft probably wouldn't be sitting at the top of the pile like they are now. The mobile market is very different because of the speed in which technology is advancing and the fact that the mobile market has just really started to explode in the past couple of years and I believe 2010 is going to be the year that we see it really take off. With all that being said I think that Microsoft is trying to play catch up due to some lack of foresight and some arrogance and it shows with their mobile platform. It might be ok for the casual user but for someone who relies heavily on their phone for more than just email and the Internet I get frustrated when I am trying to do a simple task like connecting into my corporate network to reset a password for someone and my phone wants to act like it's soaked in gravy. Great hardware that HTC is coming out with and I'm glad other platforms are taking advantage of it. Let's hope that Microsoft also gets on board in 2010 with Mobile 7.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i say just go get a Jitterbug. Seriously though what do you expect. Windows mobile is the only OS that is doing true multitasking. if our phones had simplistic UI,didnt have all the options available in menus, and lack the ability to customize then of course it would be zippier. Its just basic physics. Our phones do more and take more resources. Also i have to agree that custom ROMs will never be as zippy as a stock because its been tested and tuned for the general public. Once a good stock ROM hits people like Mighty mike do wonders with them. Its like youre complaining that you got a million dollars all in one dollar bills and hate counting them. Its a million dollars! Go with the flow or sacrifice what you want. I dont get all this "lag". hell even a desktop doesnt just snap to it like that when having a bunch of programs running. Real talk
Old 12-23-2009, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
i say just go get a Jitterbug. Seriously though what do you expect. Windows mobile is the only OS that is doing true multitasking. if our phones had simplistic UI,didnt have all the options available in menus, and lack the ability to customize then of course it would be zippier. Its just basic physics. Our phones do more and take more resources. Also i have to agree that custom ROMs will never be as zippy as a stock because its been tested and tuned for the general public. Once a good stock ROM hits people like Mighty mike do wonders with them. Its like youre complaining that you got a million dollars all in one dollar bills and hate counting them. Its a million dollars! Go with the flow or sacrifice what you want. I dont get all this "lag". hell even a desktop doesnt just snap to it like that when having a bunch of programs running. Real talk
I agree with this.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's a few of you, but definatly not me lol.

Have you ever ran another OS for a while? Maybe it's just your getting bored with WM, but the fact is, WM is still light years ahead of Android or iPhone OS. Yea WM isn't so "Finger Friendly", but trust me when I say this, WM will do alot more and is 100x more flexible than any other OS.

Is it slow? No, what is slow is all the garbage on it. Just like running an iPhone with 1000 apps on it (wait, you can only run 1 at a time, sorry bad example), Android with a few apps, your gonna see lag.

If your just sick of the WM feel, go install MM 6.5.3 impact or something, gives a different perspective of WM and a new look.

Or, you can go install Android now, and mess with it, then really realize WM is better (tho, Android still early phase of port).

IMO, Microsoft just getting bashed cause thats the "in" thing to do. Windows Mobile is still a damn solid product, and if Microsoft actually tried to push it like Google did Android or Apple iPhone, there'd be alot less people thinking it was crap.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Threadstarter

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
At least it would be faster than WM I just might
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2