PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan 6800
Carrier: Verizon

MstaCDLite is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Task Manager or Switcher to Switch Running Apps?

Is there a way to have the Task Manager icon in the corner always rather than having the "X" or "OK" there? I NEED an easier way to switch between programs than having to hit the END button to be able to switch apps. I dont want the "X" or "ok" there just the task manager there no matter what screen I'm in. I would rather hit that icon and close the app from the list rather than having to go ALL the way back to TF3D to get the Task manager.

Or even a Task Switcher like they have on the Blackberries or Android devices. Like being able to hold the Windows button down to pop up a small window with your running apps.

Hope someone has an idea because this is the one thing that I can't stand about WM multitasking lol.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: Task Manager or Switcher to Switch Running Apps?

it's been a while but i used to run a program called task facade on my old vogue, it's definitely worth a try. that program was pretty sweet and works pretty much the same way you're describing but instead of a list it pops up actual screen shots of each program

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

There is a program called Showcase over at xda that does almost exactly what you want and more. The thread is located here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530564

Also, there is a program called Task Facade as mentioned above that can be linked to a button on your phone to switch to it and view/switch between running tasks. TF can be found here: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...sk-facade.html
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:44 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 for task facade....... I got it set to my long press talk key... Just hold it in any programs and the screenshots of whats open pops up... awesome
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC

inferno14u is a n00b

I haven't tried very many other programs, but Magic Button works fine for me....I might try out some of the other ones that people have suggested.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
+1 for task facade....... I got it set to my long press talk key... Just hold it in any programs and the screenshots of whats open pops up... awesome
I like this program alot, since i never use my back button how would i map the back button to pull up taskcascade?

edit: nevermind i figured it out.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 12-22-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

+1 for task facade
Old 12-23-2009, 01:16 AM
rlw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

rlw is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I like this program alot, since i never use my back button how would i map the back button to pull up taskcascade?

edit: nevermind i figured it out.
How did you figure it out. The only buttom I can find to remap is the end buttom and I really like using this button for voice command. I can't seem to find out how to remap the back buttom for taskcascade. Help!

Oops I meant to say I'm using the phone press and hold buttom for voice command. The end key only gives a few options for mapping.

Last edited by rlw; 12-23-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw View Post
How did you figure it out. The only buttom I can find to remap is the end buttom and I really like using this button for voice command. I can't seem to find out how to remap the back buttom for taskcascade. Help!

Oops I meant to say I'm using the phone press and hold buttom for voice command. The end key only gives a few options for mapping.
i used rhodium keyboard config, i already use this to have a control button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2