PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

eth3rton is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New txt/mms notification stuck on today screen

I have a txt message notification that wont go away on my today screen. I have tried resetting the phone with no luck. Anyone know how to clear it?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: New txt/mms notification stuck on today screen

Anyone?
Old 12-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul --> HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

elcapitan154 is just getting started

Have you tried to view the message the old fashioned way? Go to Start --> All Programs --> Messaging --> SMS/MMS. Make sure none of the messages appear new. If so, click it and make sure WM sees it as read. There is a known bug with read text messages appearing as new.

If this doesn't work, you can try to clear your SMS/MMS inbox and empty the "Deleted" folder. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth3rton View Post
Anyone?
I have a similar proble too. I haven't gotten my questioned answered yet either. Might be due to the holidays. Hopefully we will see soon
Old 12-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Guys, gotta start searching a lil bit. This has been asked and answered several times, but here is one that should work for you..... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...42&postcount=5

And here is a more recent thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=text+message\
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.

Last edited by mikejones13; 12-23-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

clear you texts.
hit menu/toos/clear "sms/mms"
Old 12-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Guys, gotta start searching a lil bit. This has been asked and answered several times, but here is one that should work for you..... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...42&postcount=5

And here is a more recent thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=text+message\
Mike, thanks. I think this will solve my prob. I only offer 1 bit of advice to you. So please don't take it the wrong way.

Some people here have lives. We don't live on these boards. And this isn't saying that you don't have a life.

But the 14 searches I tried before posting, brought nothing up or me which is why I posted.

I just think some people need to be aware, that how I word my search may not be enough to find the answers to the eternal questions that are being asked.

I do thank you for pointing me in the right direction, but it just irks me when I see people post saying, "hey, do a search" or " learn how to search more" etc.....

The search on text alone brings 1000 thread/posts. A more detailed wording of a search brings up absolutely nothing.

So sometimes a question is going to be redundant when you have 100's of thousands of geeks like us on here lol.

So again, thanks for the help. You Da Man on that solution and please don't take the constructive criticism negatively.

That's what forum principles have been based on. Thanks again.

Last edited by Da Uniq 1; 12-24-2009 at 08:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

^ Very well written post Da Uniq 1.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks eth3rton.

Back to topic. This hasn't solved my problem. I had to erase all texts and still got the 2 new next icon showing up.

But I think I figured out my problem.

I have conflippers weather database installed and for some reason that seems to be the hold up. Not sure why because I've used it for quite some time now. Haven't really installed anything new so not sure why the conflict all of a sudden.

When I uninstalled the weather database, the unread text notifications dissapeared.

My phone had been running slow for quite sometime but I was just too lazy to hard reset.

Needless to say, I have hard reset trying to fix this issue. And now have lost my msgs.

One question still hasn't been answered for me. Any word on backing text up to a viewable file onto a PC? Is there something that simply lets me import the texts msgs into an excel or some sort of doc I can store and view on my PC?

Thanks again all
Old 12-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
Thanks eth3rton.

Back to topic. This hasn't solved my problem. I had to erase all texts and still got the 2 new next icon showing up.

But I think I figured out my problem.

I have conflippers weather database installed and for some reason that seems to be the hold up. Not sure why because I've used it for quite some time now. Haven't really installed anything new so not sure why the conflict all of a sudden.

When I uninstalled the weather database, the unread text notifications dissapeared.

My phone had been running slow for quite sometime but I was just too lazy to hard reset.

Needless to say, I have hard reset trying to fix this issue. And now have lost my msgs.

One question still hasn't been answered for me. Any word on backing text up to a viewable file onto a PC? Is there something that simply lets me import the texts msgs into an excel or some sort of doc I can store and view on my PC?

Thanks again all
microsoft myphone will back up text messages. I highly recommend that program for any winmo user.
Google is the next skynet

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2