PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3 hour drive. I have a FM Modulator. What can I do with it???

What are some cool things I can do to pass the time? any popular radio shows I can download?
Old 12-19-2009, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: 3 hour drive. I have a FM Modulator. What can I do with it???

nevermindddddddddddd
Old 12-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

What is this FM modulator you speak of? I am intrigued.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-19-2009, 05:52 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post

He is referring to the small devices that can be bought to plug into the 3.5mm headphone jack and transmit audio through a predesignated radio channel frequency and play through the car stereo.

Unfortunately, the only time I tried an FM modulator on my TP2, I found that voice command had to be off, or it would randomly dial numbers and act up real bad.

Thank God I have a true connection in the car that I drive the most!

Full Description:
The FM modulator or FM transmitter is a device used to play your plug-and-play Satellite radio receiver through your vehicle’s FM stereo. FM transmitters can also be used to play other digital audio devices like iPods, CD and MD players.
Normally second choice to an audio cassette adaptor because of sound quality, the FM modulator is still a very quick and simple way to get your plug-and-play Satellite radio receiver working in your vehicle.
Although sometimes only used if all else fails, the FM modulator at least provides an option for listeners who not audiophiles, want an easy way to hook up their receiver, or simply do not have a built-in cassette player in their vehicle.
Enough degrading these devices; there are probably thousands of Satellite radio listeners out there who will tell you that they experience good reception using an FM modulator. However, there is no doubt about it, an FM modulator, if used, can and will on occasions degrade the quality of audio output from your plug-and-play Satellite radio receiver.
An FM modulator converts the audio signal from the plug-and-play receiver into an FM signal, which is then transmitted over an unused FM frequency or station selected by the listener. The limitations of the FM frequency band mean this in no way represents what the signal actually sounds like.
There are two types of modulator available; wireless and hardwired.
The wireless modulator is built-in to a power adaptor that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket, the docking station or cradle that houses the plug-and-play receiver, or, more recently, the plug-and-play receiver itself. The receiver’s audio output is transmitted over the air to an unused FM frequency.
The wireless modulator is convenient, easy to install and configure, but broadcasts only a very short-range signal prone to fading and with interference; comparatively weaker compared to a hardwired modulator.
The hardwired modulator is placed in between the vehicle’s stereo unit and antenna. The modulator connects directly into the stereo’s FM antenna socket to provide a better frequency response and a signal with less interference that is less lightly to fade.
It is recommended that a hardwired modulator be installed professionally, as it requires a connection to the antenna socket on the rear of the vehicle’s stereo and to the electrical system, all located behind the dashboard.
The amount of interference, static and fading you experience, using either of these devices, depends on where you are geographically located in the US, quality of the in-built tuner or broadcast and the type of modulator installed in your vehicle.
For example, somebody living in a major metropolitan area, using a wireless modulator, will no doubt experience poor reception along with the frequent and often debilitating interference from other radio stations.
With regard to sound quality, the wireless modulator rests at the bottom of the pile with the hardwired version above it. However, depending on circumstances, hardwired modulators can be as good as cassette adaptors if not better.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 12-19-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:19 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

This Week in TECH
hosted by Leo Laporte of TechTV/The Screensavers fame
Old 12-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Threadstarter

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I bought a cheap t505 (t501 same thing). You can get it for like $30 online or $80-100 at Best Buy. basically i turn on bluetooth on my phone and it connects to this device. I can then listen to music thats on my phone now on my radio speakers. or I can have my gps come through the speakers. or even talk to someone over the phone and have them talk over the speakers. it's pretty cool.

and for long drives - definitely worth it.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:41 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

i just use a tape deck adapter...

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
I bought a cheap t505 (t501 same thing). You can get it for like $30 online or $80-100 at Best Buy. basically i turn on bluetooth on my phone and it connects to this device. I can then listen to music thats on my phone now on my radio speakers. or I can have my gps come through the speakers. or even talk to someone over the phone and have them talk over the speakers. it's pretty cool.

and for long drives - definitely worth it.
Is that a stereo or an adapter that goes on yur stereo? I guess I could and probably should google it, but I wanted to subscribe to this thread anyway...
Old 12-20-2009, 05:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Ah, ok. I thought you meant something like that FM radio attachment for iPods they had a few years ago. Sorry, I've had FM radio on the brain lately. I can't wait till we figure out how to enable it.

I have a stereo with an auxiliary jack & I honestly don't know how I survived in the dark ages before I was able to stream international radio in my car from my phone.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Ah, ok. I thought you meant something like that FM radio attachment for iPods they had a few years ago. Sorry, I've had FM radio on the brain lately. I can't wait till we figure out how to enable it.

I have a stereo with an auxiliary jack & I honestly don't know how I survived in the dark ages before I was able to stream international radio in my car from my phone.
Alas, an international media nerdskaya fellow traveler. I always like the strange looks from the fellas playing Tejano in the next car when I pull up playing Russian pop or something similarly unexpected. They sorta point at me as if I've stolen their "being foreign" thunder. Rich with irony, it's like living a Far Side cartoon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2