PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM with most RAM?

Which ROM has the most TOTAL as well as AVAILABLE RAM after reboot?
So far i've seen some ROMS have as much as 195mb of TOTAL RAM and some as few as 175mb(indagroove's ROM i think). I am on the hunt for a ROM that would give me most available RAM(bare titanium i guess) as possible. Has anyone found a ROM with more than 200mb TOTAL and/or more than 110 AVAILABLE(free) RAM(after new install/reboot) for TP2 on CDMA or GSM?

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO FO SHO
Carrier: Sprint

MRGATO14 is becoming a great contributor
Re: ROM with most RAM?

Try Mighty Mike 2.1 ROM fast stable and lots of room for tweaks and personal preferences. BTW it is CDMA
Old 12-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok
Which ROM has the most TOTAL as well as AVAILABLE RAM after reboot?
So far i've seen some ROMS have as much as 195mb of TOTAL RAM and some as few as 175mb(indagroove's ROM i think). I am on the hunt for a ROM that would give me most available RAM(bare titanium i guess) as possible. Has anyone found a ROM with more than 200mb TOTAL and/or more than 110 AVAILABLE(free) RAM(after new install/reboot) for TP2 on CDMA or GSM?
my 6.1 rom will have a lot of ram

Old 12-19-2009, 09:24 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

MightyROM will probably give you the most RAM.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you are looking for 6.5.5, I would have to say mine. There is really no way for any ROM to have more than mine I don't know which you have seen with 195 but my ROM has NOTHING included but the base WM files and nothing else. There is no 6.5.5 ROM that is lighter.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)
Threadstarter

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Guys RAM is not the same as Storage, how much does mighty mike has? total and available? a lot is not really the answer, if you think yours has a lot - try running iGo8 with HQ TTS voices (susan in particular), it needs about 95mb of available(free) ram to run comfortably at the start. So far the most free ram i found is on juicy r6 with manilla off and fresh reboot(about 110mb)
Old 12-20-2009, 02:51 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Doesn't this also depend upon whether or not the ROM has the proxyres setting cooked in too though? That will alter the "perception" of how much available RAM the user thinks they have. IMHO people really do make too much of a deal out of free / used memory. Back in the Mogul days it may have mattered. Personally I've never been low enough to worry. In all fairness though there may be memory-hogging apps out there I'm not using too

Old 12-20-2009, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

cooked a rom in the ssk3.1 --- wm6.5, took out resource proxy, push interent, and got rid of phone canvas (running stock winmo dialer) i boot, with the classic today screen, at 125mb free. the best though was on the stock 6.1 rom where i got it to 130mb free at boot (same conditions) but WITH the htc dialer, so that would allow even more free at boot if disabled
Old 12-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
If you are looking for 6.5.5, I would have to say mine. There is really no way for any ROM to have more than mine I don't know which you have seen with 195 but my ROM has NOTHING included but the base WM files and nothing else. There is no 6.5.5 ROM that is lighter.
I thought 6.5.3 was the latest...
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 12-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

with my ROM (currently undergoing a lot of testing) it is 6.1 (21055) with SenseUI 2.1 htc dialer, htc volume, menu enhancement, notification enhancement, and various other HTC programs, and 0 dynamic pagepool, total RAM is 199.55 MB, available at boot is 107.85, in use is 92MB

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2