PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a way to adjust volume while the screen is locked?

I was wondering if there is some sort of a registry edit that would enable the volume to be adjusted while the screen is locked. On my Treo 800W i was able to do so.

i have my phone set to auto lock after 1 minute of activity (because i have a nosy sister who i dont want going through my texts) and i need to type my password to unlock it. I am frequently chaning between vibrate, silent and ringer and would love if i could do so with the phone locked.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: Is there a way to adjust volume while the screen is locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
I was wondering if there is some sort of a registry edit that would enable the volume to be adjusted while the screen is locked. On my Treo 800W i was able to do so.

i have my phone set to auto lock after 1 minute of activity (because i have a nosy sister who i dont want going through my texts) and i need to type my password to unlock it. I am frequently chaning between vibrate, silent and ringer and would love if i could do so with the phone locked.
Yes it is possible, download a program called set volume (you can find it on pocketpcfreeware.net). It is a glitch with the program and it annoys everyone but if you want it i guess this glitch may be good for you.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:31 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what if its in ya pocket and it accidently goes on silent and ya miss a important call????? Like say a last few min of a dying mother, only because you cant lock the volume buttons now????????? that be sad..lol J/K but that is my vision
Old 12-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tilt 2
Carrier: att

mustangbaxter is a n00b

being left handed, I want to know if you can LOCK the side buttons. I keep turning down the volume when I hold the phone.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:24 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbaxter View Post
being left handed, I want to know if you can LOCK the side buttons. I keep turning down the volume when I hold the phone.
i feel your pain.
i always somehow push both buttons at the same time while i'm talking on the phone and when my face touches the screen, it wants to align.... UGH i want to turn off this "feature"
(try it. push both volume buttons and tap the screen. worst. feature. ever.)
Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tilt 2
Carrier: att

mustangbaxter is a n00b

So Itake it that the side volume buttons can not be dissabled? Anyone? Bueler?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2