PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Anthony Franks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Sprint TV | NFL Mobile Live| Flashing Roms

Im thinking about flashing my TP2 once I receive it today. Ive GOOGLED and Youtube a lot today and Ive noticed that alot of people are already running WinMo 6.5 along with the Sense UI with there phone. I have a couple questions. With people wallpaper showing the clouds moving, or raining or whateva how much of a system strain is that on the TP2. Wil Sprint TV and NFL Mobile Live still work on my TP2 or any TV program and if so can you please explain how. Whats the benefits and risk of flashing your TP2 and why is there different people in the CDMA TP2 Upgrade section of these forums offering different ROMS. What makes there ROMs better than the next person. Sorry for the dumb questions just trying to keep my options open thats all.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:52 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anthony Franks is a n00b
Re: Sprint TV | NFL Mobile Live| Flashing Roms

Old 12-19-2009, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

I think no one has answered bacause for what you asked... it would be easier if you just looked for yourself. No one wants to do your homework
Old 12-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

lllonewolfff is a n00b

dont feel bad I am wondering the same thing ,,,,I have a diamond that I have been running 6.5 on for a while now. I tried to get navigation back but never could ...I can put it back to stock easy enough but love 6.5, The one that Im using now is one of caulkins roms called the grass rom and seem to like it. Im very new here so take what I say for what it is worth, and read as much as you can. Have a good one
Old 12-19-2009, 04:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay, let me try to shed some light...

1: Yes, Sprint tv works on most ROMs. You have to install Mr X's Sprint provisioning cab first though. No big deal. Just about every other tv app works on every ROM, and there are several (I use Sling Player Mobilr to control and watch my Slingbox).

2: Different people want different things, that's what makes osmeone else's ROM better. For example- I don't like the TouchFlo interface. I prefer SPB Mobile shell. The ROM I am running (indagroove) does not have TouchFlo, so it is great for me. I just put SPB Mobile Shell on, and I don't have to worry about Touchflo taking up any resources. The next person might want the latest Touchflo (Sense) so he wouldn't like indagroove's ROM. Someone else might want more (or less) apps installed. Once you try a few ROMs out, you'll understand this.

3: Yes, the Touch Pro can easily handle all of this. This is the stuff it was made for. If they didn't expect us to put animations and stuff on it, then it would probably have half the RAM, and a crappy screen. Don't be afraid to flash. It's not complicated at all, and it only takes a few minutes. Just use MyPhone or PIM Backup or something like that to backup all your data.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

htcguru6912 is a n00b

SaltyDawg, you're better than the rest of us. The rest of us had to spend hours (weeks really) reading all the forums so that we could answer those questions for ourselves. The only thing left to do is PM ts with unlocking/flashing instructions.
Smartphones/PPCs owned in this order: Blackberry 6710, Blackberry 6280, Kyocera 7135, Blackberry 7100, Palm Treo 650, HTC Excalibur, HTC p4350 (Herald), Blackberry 8310, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue, Blackberry 8830, HTC Elf, HTC Raphael, HTC Hero, HTC Rhodium
Old 12-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

lehmaj is a n00b

I would have to agree with SaltyDawg by posting the solution. I can see the logic behind doing the home work yourself, but if someone needs assistance on a few questions someone should be able to answer it for them. I had the same questions when I first started and yes most of them I did have to do my homework on them and they were fairly easy to find.

I did have a shortcut, because a buddy of mine had the same phone and walked me through on flashing the phone my first time, but other than that I have found most things out on my own. Most other forums that I am in I never see people saying you should do your homework, but offering the solution. That is just my two sense as I am answering a similar question about getting sprintTV on a phone. I have it on my phone and was searching for the thread for it and stumbled accross this one.

Here is a link to the Mr.X download along with the SprintTV software and a few other files you may need. Please read up and do your research. Other people have similar issues you do especially with entry level questions such as this.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96207

Last edited by lehmaj; 12-19-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: adding linking
Old 12-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Concurs wholeheartedly, however this is the first thread that he need to read first before attempting flashing:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Then check out multiple roms, another popular rom is Mighty Mike's Official Release, Juicy's R6, and more to choose from. Something to keep in mind is read the intial posts of any rom developer because it usually contains links to additional programs, help and FAQ's that will get you started on the right path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehmaj View Post
I would have to agree with SaltyDawg by posting the solution. I can see the logic behind doing the home work yourself, but if someone needs assistance on a few questions someone should be able to answer it for them. I had the same questions when I first started and yes most of them I did have to do my homework on them and they were fairly easy to find.

I did have a shortcut, because a buddy of mine had the same phone and walked me through on flashing the phone my first time, but other than that I have found most things out on my own. Most other forums that I am in I never see people saying you should do your homework, but offering the solution. That is just my two sense as I am answering a similar question about getting sprintTV on a phone. I have it on my phone and was searching for the thread for it and stumbled accross this one.

Here is a link to the Mr.X download along with the SprintTV software and a few other files you may need. Please read up and do your research. Other people have similar issues you do especially with entry level questions such as this.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96207
Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anthony Franks is a n00b

Thanks to everybody that helped me out with my question. I wasnt trying to look for a hand out only and hand up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
flashing, htc pro2, rom help, sense ui 2.5