PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tlwizard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone running Jeyo and Office 2010 Beta?

Just got a TP2 and want to be able to keep my texts stored in Outlook. I'm running Office 2010 Beta and found Jeyo Mobile Extender, however after my install I receive the following error:

Access violation at address 0994F65B in module 'JME.dll'. Read of address 00000000.

Wondering if anybody else has had this issue or knows of another program that can save your texts in a pst file.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zay1967 is just getting started
Re: Anyone running Jeyo and Office 2010 Beta?

I am having the same issue, however, I am working on a finding a solution. I have a strong IT\Developer background; I will post my solution if or when I find one. Tell me what steps you have tried so far to resolve the issue.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the response.

I've tried the typical firewall workarounds, none of which worked.

What I did notice however, is that the outlook.exe.manifest file within Jeyo was linking to an Office11 folder whereas 2010 Beta is Office14 or 13. My thought was that if I could change the the manifest link to the new folder it could work, but I have no idea how to do that.

Let me know if you know how to do this, and if doing this gets it to work.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:04 PM
N00b

Is your jeyo in a jar file? Well you can edit a .manifest file with notepad. Just double click it, then choose notepad from the list of programs that you want to open it. I honestly don't think that will resolve the issue, but it is worth a shot. My access violation error references the jme.dll file. What part of jeyo is your access violation referencing?

Last edited by zay1967; 12-25-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

It's also referencing the JME.dll file.

I only mentioned the outlook.exe.manifest thing because I thought it was weird that within the 2010 beta folders there would be an office11 (or outlook11) folder that had an outlook.exe.manifest file. The only time I've ever seen that file is with jeyo so I thought maybe the program wasn't loading because it was linking to the wrong version of office. I had also recently reformatted my computer so 2010 beta was the only office to ever be on the system, which made the office11 folder seem even weirder.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 PM
N00b

I figured out the access violation issue, you were on the right track concerning the manifest file. Not sure how many hard drives you have, but if you have more than one, create a folder called jeyo or whatever you want, and install jeyo to that folder. You can even create a folder on the c drive if you want and install it there. Pre vista apps Now I just need to get the smsexpress to start on my phone. This is a bit long, but I will try to make the explanation of what is causing the access violation issue as it relates to the manifest file.
Microsoft introduced the User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista, which is also present in Windows 7. Among other components it also contains a feature called filesystem virtualization. Essentially it remaps reads/writes for certain files to other paths. The most important protected path we have to deal with is Program Files.

Let's assume the protected path is C:\Program Files.

A manifest basically tells Windows how aware the program is about the recent Windows versions. And it tells Windows about the privileges the application requires.

A program without manifest is run in the context of a standard user (NOT the currently logged on user). Filesystem virtualization is applied to such a program.

If the program is installed in C:\Program Files\Program, and tries to write a file into it's directory, the file will not go into that directory, but into another, in this case C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\Program.

This is totally transparent to the older program and the user.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I had actually already installed Jeyo to the C: drive as I'd had a similar problem back when I was first running Vista. Installing to Program Files wouldn't work, but installing Jeyo to it's own folder on the root drive would.

Despite doing that on my Win7/Office10 setup, I'm still getting that access violation.

However, I will try installing like this again just to make sure.

Last edited by tlwizard; 12-28-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:21 PM
N00b

You have a point there, I failed to mention that when I installed the latest version from handango, I still got the access violation error message. However, when I installed 2.0, I did not get the error message, I still cannot get the smsexpress to connect from my phone. Even when I manually copy the file and click it, it still say "not connect", then I press connect from the menu, it does not connect. I will wait to see if they launch a new version. I have a tp phone by the way.
I ma using PIMbackup to handle backing up my stuff, plus bestbuy put out a free app http://miqlive.com/ that syncs everything from phone calls to messages on line for you. I have been using for months now, and it works great. It runs sliently on your phone, and syncs all your stuff for you, even photos and videos.

Last edited by zay1967; 12-28-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

So I just tried reinstalling to C:\Jeyo

This process created two folders. The folder for the program to run (C:\Jeyo\JME_WM) as well as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office11" Within the Office11 file, Jeyon creates an "outlook.exe.manifest" file that I assume is supposed to load Jeyo when Outlook is launched. However, Office 2010 beta works out of Office14 folder, has it's own outlook.exe.manifest file, which I assume is the file that Jeyo needs to edit with the correct information when installing.

Most likely Jeyo will never be updated. That guy hasn't done anything for a year or two now and the forums over there last I checked had simply been filled with spam. It's a great program, and the only one of its kind (that I've seen) but soon no one will be able to use it.

Now, I don't know if there's a way to edit the install file so that it can direct itself to the Office14 folder, but if there is, then that is something outside of my abilities on the computer.

I'll have to check out miqlive, and I also heard MS had a similar online thing.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
N00b

Seems like you are running a 64bit system. That is why it goes to a program files (x86) folder. Miq is better. I think the files that are in the program files (x86)folder are left overs from your prior installations. Use revo unstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html and use the advanced option so that it will find and remove any left over folders and registry files. Then reinstall to your c:\jeyo folder. One thing, set the permissions on the jeyo folder to full control for users. If you don't want to install revo, then after doing the traditional uninstallation, go to the c:\jeyo, and the prgram files (x86) folder, and remove all file pertaining to jeyo, then reinstall. See if it still puts any files in the (x86) folder.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2