PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Clear Storage / Button Combo Method Factory Reset

Is there a difference between the two on the Touch Pro2? If so, what is it? Is one better/preferred over the other? I noticed that when I used the button combination I am given a couple choices of how I want to reset the device, which should I choose?

Is it normal that after using either method I should have to reprogram my phone? (Verizon)

If I helped you, "Thanks" are always appreciated. (c: And don't forget to tip your waitress.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Clear Storage / Button Combo Method Factory Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
Is there a difference between the two on the Touch Pro2? If so, what is it? Is one better/preferred over the other? I noticed that when I used the button combination I am given a couple choices of how I want to reset the device, which should I choose?

Is it normal that after using either method I should have to reprogram my phone? (Verizon)
Clear storage is best way. I usualy do it twice for good measure. And yes it is normal to reprogram your phone. Unless you have made a backup and do full restore or pick and choose what you want to restore. I use SPB backup works great.

BOO B)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

I use to do the button combo on my TP1, the 2 I have been doing clear storage mainly because the reset button you have to take off the case. Only thing that is bad is you have to wait for the phone to run through setup just to do a clear storage and do it again. When I did the button combo I would reset it while it was booting up for the first time.

Last edited by [sammich]; 12-17-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Improper use of the word gay...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

NOP , you do not have to use the stylus andd no need to remove the cover to hard reset TP2

use the following combo

turn off the device
press call and end call together and keep pressing
now press the power button(while keep pressing the above 2)
you re done

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2