PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Free TV that works with TP2 with the windows media player!

Hey everyone, just found this on freewarepocketpc.net. Its not perfect and doesnt have everything, but for those that want to watch something this is great! So its called myPlayer, its a standalone application and it suggests using core player. I dont have coreplayer so i went to the settings and changed the top bar to "load streams with default association" and changed the default stream to 3g. Since I changed it, it works with my windows media player. (but i'm not on the stock rom, on mighty rom and not sure if that will have anything to do with it)

It has the option to watch some cartoons on hulu (simpsons, american dad, family guy, dilbert)

TV feeds are from all over the world (great for me since I can watch stuff from my home country ) When you select the country, you then have all the channels listed. USA has a bunch but a lot of them are the local cable stations that usually have just that crap broadcasting about nothing. (kinda hard to explain but when you see it you'll know what I'm talking about) But it does have fox, nbc and has a option for espn, but i haven't been able to connect to it yet. A lot of city channels too.
Some usefull channels abc news, cspan 1, 2, and 3, fox, nbc, cbs.

Now I haven't checked all of them, but maybe others can chime in too to say whats worth watchin and what isn't.

It also has a couple other things on there like bbc, but again, havent looked at everything. I figure the more people try, the more info we can get out of people about it, faster.
Attached Files
File Type: cab myPlayer.cab (801.6 KB, 130 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by machek; 12-16-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Free TV that works with TP2 with the windows media player!

i'll give it a shot, will report back...
Old 12-16-2009, 11:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ive used this a long time, its not bad for free.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ive used this a long time, its not bad for free.
Have you found a way to maximize the size of the Windows media to fit the whole screen, or is that just somethin you have to deal with?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i keep getting an error, not authorized message.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer

there is also web tv
Old 12-17-2009, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i keep getting an error, not authorized message.
when do u get this? when you try to open it, or when you go to a channel? i know that I get an error with the bbc thing, saying that i have to be in england or something, otherwise all works for me.

Did you install to the device or sim?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sooo I dont really like the us channels, not really that great. Dont really have the Real NBC or anything, they are some sort of msnbc mobile things. Anyway the cab is there, so if you want it take it. I'll probably keep it for the international channels anyway.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Account Disabled

i'll send you a pm later today. looks promising!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:31 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i play through cp so i dont need to resize anything, for got to quote whoever quoted me. i mainly use spb tv with picture in picture, got it free so whynot. lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2