PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Make camera image sharper

So I found this on XDA not sure if it's placebo but I seemed to have gotten some good result. It doesn't really change the size of the image/resolution but it seemed to make them sharper. Can anyone else test this?

I'm on MM WAR so my default setting might not be the same as stock.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=598952

I didn't install the cab on the site since it was meant for HD2 so I just change my registry.

HKLM\Software\htc\Camera\Image\jpeg quaity\superFine

Changed the "3MSize" data to the following. After make sure when you take pictures that you set your camera to Superfine so the settings are used.

3.2mp 366260 (default)
5.0mp 643628 (from XDA)
8.0mp 746028 (from XDA)

Out of the three the best one for me is 643628. I assume it's because the 746028 data is way too much for the camera phone to handle so it barely makes a difference?

Here they are blown up.

643628 (Keeping this setting)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff
Re: Make camera image sharper

I also found that even though the TP should be the same 3.2 MP camera, values are different.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

To hell with all that, I took some pics with the battery cover off and it looked amazing compared to when the battery cover is on. So what I did is simply pop out the little plastic lens cover on the battery cover and the pics are as perfect as ever for a 3.2mp camera, atleast that was my experience.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
To hell with all that, I took some pics with the battery cover off and it looked amazing compared to when the battery cover is on. So what I did is simply pop out the little plastic lens cover on the battery cover and the pics are as perfect as ever for a 3.2mp camera, atleast that was my experience.
You may be on to something. I found that the lens on the battery cover gets smudged very easy and affects the pics unless you wipe it before every shot. I don't know it I wanna pop it out tho, since i pocket my phone.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

vicko5000 is just getting started

Quote:
Great tip!.. i was getting annoyed with my TP2's image quality as i thought it was worse than the TP1 images i had taken.. they all seemed "dirty"

all i had to do was clean that little plastic cover.. thing is that its recessed so you really have to try hard to get it nice and clean..

now the images are WAY better! at least on par with the TP1 images
Old 12-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I read the whole XDA thread , and the conclusion that these numbers does not change the camera MP . the camera MP is 3.2 what ever you do ,
by changing the registery values , you are changing the picture compression . not more !
Old 12-15-2009, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I've thought the same with the cover off but how are you preventing dust from getting near the camera lens since you removed the plastic cover?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxceenotexx is just getting started

Quote:

good looking out!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

omg such a huge difference with the lense cover off. I don't want to pop it out though. maybe the plastic cover isn't completely clear. maybe I should glue on my own cover
Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdeviation View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

omg such a huge difference with the lense cover off. I don't want to pop it out though. maybe the plastic cover isn't completely clear. maybe I should glue on my own cover
Let us know if you figure out to glue in a glass window... that would be the best way to take care of it... shouldn't be too hard either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2