PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ecolife Pouches, anyone have one? GOT MINE!

Expecting an incoming TP2, I have been looking for a new case, I like a vertical case with magnetic closure to avoid buttoning, or an annoying velcro sound. I am even cool with a good top pouch perhaps leather with good handsome stitching. Other important features, strong capable belt clip or sewn in belt loop.

In my search I found these made from recycled PET cordura and only 18bux or so. Anyone have one and care to share your thoughts before I pull the trigger?

http://www.alternativewireless.com/e...ses/index.html

also found em here cheaper:
http://www.greensteal.com/

Last edited by shatner; 12-18-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Re: Ecolife Pouches, anyone have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
Expecting an incoming TP2, I have been looking for a new case, I like a vertical case with magnetic closure to avoid buttoning, or an annoying velcro sound. I am even cool with a good top pouch perhaps leather with good handsome stitching. Other important features, strong capable belt clip or sewn in belt loop.

In my search I found these made from recycled PET cordura and only 18bux or so. Anyone have one and care to share your thoughts before I pull the trigger?

also found em here cheaper:
http://www.greensteal.com/

They don't look half-bad. That said, my anti-PC piousometer prevents me from buying anything with "eco" in it unless it ends with -nomical. Happy hunting.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:45 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

are there any pics of the back &or clip. if the clip is centered in the middle, I say pass. they will just end up upside-down. a proper pouch should hang.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yeah, I wasnt totally lurred but the Ecodrama but it would make sense to use recycled bottles for stuff like this and have it actually be CHEAPER! That said, while I am used to buying <$10 China crap stitched together by indentured workers, I will probably pay up and get this one, it fits my style and isnt far off from what I am used to using with my TP1. Here is that case:

The only downside they mention in reviews is that there is blackberry magnets in the material that could wake the device rather than do what they should for BBs and put it to sleep, that said, I would have no prob taking an xacto and removing those, although I have found a few places where they offer a BB version and a non BB version. Weird.

Here are some pics with the TP2 and the clips:

Vertical Case

Horizontal Case

Old 12-13-2009, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

When I first got my tp2 I was a little disappointed it didn't come with a case like the tp1. Then I took my case from my tp1 and tried it with the tp2 and it works (needs to stretch for a few days but fits perfectly after that). So for those of you that have a tp1 case this may save you some money.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
yeah, I wasnt totally lurred but the Ecodrama but it would make sense to use recycled bottles for stuff like this and have it actually be CHEAPER! That said, while I am used to buying <$10 China crap stitched together by indentured workers, I will probably pay up and get this one, it fits my style and isnt far off from what I am used to using with my TP1. Here is that case:

The only downside they mention in reviews is that there is blackberry magnets in the material that could wake the device rather than do what they should for BBs and put it to sleep, that said, I would have no prob taking an xacto and removing those, although I have found a few places where they offer a BB version and a non BB version. Weird.

Here are some pics with the TP2 and the clips:

Vertical Case

Horizontal Case

LOL also true re Chinese child slave laborers. It definitely looks good, especially not that you've posted pix with the TP2 inside it. It really gives a sense of scale.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok I am ordering it I will report back this week.

ended up going with this site:

$24.24 priority shipped. Sorry PPCG store, had to go with the lower price.

Last edited by shatner; 12-13-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: added link
Old 12-13-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Awesome. Hope it works out great.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

OK folks, got the case today and it is exactly what I wanted, this thing is rugged and looks cool on the belt at the same time. It holds the TP2 firm without making it difficult to remove from the case. It is soft enough where you would not have to worry about the case wearing down the finish of the phone. The case is stiff and feels like nylon cordura or your typical timbuk2 bag.

The flap magnet is strong and causes interference with the TP2s internal sensor. More so than the "blackberry magnet" which is located on the inside just below the belt clip and is smaller than a dime. It could be easily cut out through a slit with an exacto knife then sealed with super glue. The flap magnets about nickle sized, one in the case and one in the flap hold the case firmly shut with a nice positive 'pahp.' If you are like me and grab your phone many times a day you wont miss any annoying velcro tearing sound. I am not sure how to get around the magnets interfering with the phone however.

Back to the belt clip, this thing is like an old motorola pager clip, police grade almost. It has a captive hook and tight spring and wont spin around on your belt.

Overall I really like it and would recommend it. it is certainly worth 20bucks.

Last edited by shatner; 12-17-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: dang spelling...
Old 12-18-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
OK folks, got the case today and it is exactly what I wanted, this thing is rugged and looks cool on the belt at the same time. It holds the TP2 firm without making it difficult to remove from the case. It is soft enough where you would not have to worry about the case wearing down the finish of the phone. The case is stiff and feels like nylon cordura or your typical timbuk2 bag.

The flap magnet is strong and causes interference with the TP2s internal sensor. More so than the "blackberry magnet" which is located on the inside just below the belt clip and is smaller than a dime. It could be easily cut out through a slit with an exacto knife then sealed with super glue. The flap magnets about nickle sized, one in the case and one in the flap hold the case firmly shut with a nice positive 'pahp.' If you are like me and grab your phone many times a day you wont miss any annoying velcro tearing sound. I am not sure how to get around the magnets interfering with the phone however.

Back to the belt clip, this thing is like an old motorola pager clip, police grade almost. It has a captive hook and tight spring and wont spin around on your belt.

Overall I really like it and would recommend it. it is certainly worth 20bucks.

That looks really good. And I totally know what you're saying: I HATE the velcro sound my rugged case makes. People actually turn around and look to see what the noise is. Anyway, congrats on your find; it looks as if you scored a keeper.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2