PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
is anyone else annoyed with their messaging?

it seems that everytime i click on a person to talk to in MS messaging, text, then X out back to the main messaging screen (where it lists all your convos), it freezes with the top portion still stuck at the last view with the rest of the list below.

this continues sometimes up to a minute before i can do anything with the phone. ive had the same problem with many roms such as Juicy, Energy, and MightyMike so i dont think its rom specific.

i use MS myphone to backup/restore my info since i heard it was more efficient then PPCPimbackup. i do a lot of texting/emailing and it seems like everytime i send a message this lag continues. ive tried deleting my sent items, deleted items, and drafts to clear up some space but the problem persists.

is there a certain amount of messages that it can store before it starts going haywire? its honestly driving me insane that a "smartphone" cant even handle a simple task such as text messaging.

am i missing something or is this a problem that everyone has just learned to live with?

PS. im sitting here waiting for the phone to load my deleted messages 1 at a time so i can delete them and make more space. as it loads 100 messages, i select all, wait for all 100 to be selected, THEN i am able to delete it. after that 100 is finally deleted, another 100 shows up as if it is SLOWLY recounting every message and i have to repeat again.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Re: is anyone else annoyed with their messaging?

hmmm. im the only one experiencing this problem?

i cleared ALL my text messages last night and had a little conversation with my mom and was already noticing a little lag.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin-asian View Post
hmmm. im the only one experiencing this problem?

i cleared ALL my text messages last night and had a little conversation with my mom and was already noticing a little lag.
You certainly aren't the only one. I've noticed it a lot as well on my Mighty ROM. Hopefully it will be fixed in the near future.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pat8839 is a n00b

I hate it that when you use the Touch Flo text messaging it takes forever it seems to load up before you can send a text, then if you receive a text it can be another minute or so before your phone unfreezes after getting the incoming text notification...The lagging/freezing is not quite as bad as when you use the regular text messaging format-but if you use that your phone doesn't seem to realize that you have read any incoming texts from the contact you are having a conversation with...
Old 12-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Its manilla, and one of the reasons i use mobile shell.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sigh. there was an SMS Lag fix a while back but i installed the cab and still having same problem.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Using stock, doesn't happen with me.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Using stock, doesn't happen with me.
stock as in wm 6.1? i had absolutely no problems with 6.1 but i wanted htc sense too. manilla 2.5 is simply too sluggish for my liking until i get a snapdragon.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
Its manilla, and one of the reasons i use mobile shell.
No, he's talking about the native WM client. There are lag issues with HTC Messaging as well, but it doesn't sound like that's what he's talking about.

I can confirm that I have the same issue. I don't restore my texts and it still happens after a day or so of texting. It doesn't happen everytime I close a text, but it does happen enough to be annoying. I don't think it happened on Stock, but it has happened to me on every custom ROM I've tried, including the 6.5.3 WiseROMs I've been cooking with Calkulin's kitchen.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

glad to hear that others are experiencing the same headache as i am. to clarify, i am using the native WM messaging app and not the HTC messaging app. i hope this is fixed one day.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2