PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (T7381 with 3G 850/2100)
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

Damager is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: us cellular---- very upset with them

CDMA.

Only Data works via EvDo.

Calls, texts and sms will always be on the 1X RTT Network

WCDMA/3G/HSPA = Calls, MMS, Texts, Data all on the same network.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started

Late to the party here, and probably a stupid question, but...as a USCC/Tp2 customer, should I be seeing a connection icon other than the "1x"? Becauase I've owned this phone since black friday, and have been to Memphis a couple times, and everywhere in between, and have yet to see anything but a "1x"...??
Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: uscellular

swampthing is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
Late to the party here, and probably a stupid question, but...as a USCC/Tp2 customer, should I be seeing a connection icon other than the "1x"? Becauase I've owned this phone since black friday, and have been to Memphis a couple times, and everywhere in between, and have yet to see anything but a "1x"...??

it depends on what area you live in. Not all US Cell towers have been updated to EVDO yet. You can try dialing *228 to force it, but if the towers you use aren't EV yet it won't matter.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

chevy454 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
it depends on what area you live in. Not all US Cell towers have been updated to EVDO yet. You can try dialing *228 to force it, but if the towers you use aren't EV yet it won't matter.
LOL...I'm gonna guess *not*, as we didn't get digital until a year or 2 ago...!

BTW, *228 left me with 1x...
Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: us cellular

jokout is a n00b

I really do have to step in and support US Cellular here...I have been a customer of theirs since the old suitcase sized bag phone, (if I'm not mistaken my account says 1986!), and while they haven't always been perfect they have done well enough to keep me on board with decent service and the best coverage in my area.
We recently upgraded phones, (in October so we missed the big sale), and I ended up settling for the LG Triton and the $19.95 data plan to save money...BIG MISTAKE! The Triton has more problems then I can list and while it can get internet, it definately is not an internet phone!! After putting up with this thing for a few monthes hoping I would come to like the phone over time, I reached a breaking point and finally called customer service to find out what I could do. Though I was actually ready to buy out the contract to get rid of this phone if I had to, I was completely blind sided by the offer to replace the Triton with the Touch Pro 2 which I had really wanted in the first place, (it was $299 w/2 year contract in Oct.), when I asked how much it would cost, she told me she would transfer me to the resolutions dept. for a better quote. The original representive explained the problem to the girl in Resolutions and after we talked for a few minutes, she offered to swap the phones even up! Needless to say, I almost fell out of my chair! The only issue was I had to wait for the phone to come back in stock from HTC which she estimated would be 7 to 10 days, I agreed and she completed the paperwork!
I have to say, this kind of customer service is VERY unusual in this day and age, and to top it off, 3 days later I received a UPS overnight air package with my new TP2 inside!
So while I'm sure US Cellular isn't always the best customer service wise, I can tell you that they do have their moments and in this case, they surpassed my expectations completely!

Side note: 1. I went into that customer service call expecting the worst, knowing I had made the mistake of buying the wrong phone in he first place and was asking for help to resolve the problem...I am convinced that if I would have been confrontational with the representitive, I wouldn't have come out of this nearly as well!

2. Being a loyal LONGTIME (24 years!), customer definately made a huge difference in the outcome here!

Cheers!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokout View Post
2. Being a loyal LONGTIME (24 years!), customer definately made a huge difference in the outcome here!

Cheers!
question: has USCC been in business that long? i seem to remember them buying out primeco in my area. but i dont know if they are that old.

Secondly, I have seen some wild stuff happen at USCC. I've been able to hand out phones before for disgruntled customers and all kinds of other crazy stuff. However, it all depends on who you talk to. Also, on your reps at the stores. some are better than others and will go out of their way to help you.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: us cellular

cheif_of_smoke is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

yes uscc has been in buisness for a long time. in my area uscc is the best, there is no att,sprint,or tmobile coverage and verizon is hit or miss. my wife has verizon and she has to go outside to make a call on her blackberry. i do know that if you argue it doesnt help. i do understand about being pissed off about a phone. i had issues with my old moto q. but things do work out. just be patient.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2