PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP2 or Verizon TP2?

which is the better version of the phone to get?

i remember when the first TP came out, EVERYONE got the sprint one, because verizon was being little a-holes and they stripped some ram from their version of the phone.

so did something similar happen with the TP2?

and i don't care about carrier features, i'm going to flash it to cricket anyways... i just want to know which is the better phone.. or which one people are having a better experience with.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Sprint TP2 or Verizon TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
which is the better version of the phone to get?

i remember when the first TP came out, EVERYONE got the sprint one, because verizon was being little a-holes and they stripped some ram from their version of the phone.

so did something similar happen with the TP2?

VZ did not do this with the TP2, the two versions are identical hardware wise (except for the butt-ugly back cover on the Sprint version, but you can put the VZ cover on it & fix that)

I had four sprint TouchPro's hacked to work on Verizon, but I now have the VZ TP2 & I love it.

~John
Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

i have vzw and love it but on sprint you get sprint tv. they are very similar accept for the cover. so it depends how important live tv is to you.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
i have vzw and love it but on sprint you get sprint tv. they are very similar accept for the cover. so it depends how important live tv is to you.
I don't know ANYBODY that uses the cr@ppy Sprint TV app (besides, that has nothing to do with the hardware like the imagio TV app does).

If you want live TV, a Slingbox is the only way to go IMHO.

~John
Old 12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't know ANYBODY that uses the cr@ppy Sprint TV app (besides, that has nothing to do with the hardware like the imagio TV app does).

~John
the slinbox video quality is horrible but so is sprint tv. watching tv on the phone has a long way to go. but to the op both phones are identical and the back cover is kind of cool, so basically the only reason you would go with verizon would be if youre locked into a contract or if you just like throwing $ away because the sprint service is exactly the same (if not better in certain areas) and sprint plans are about 30% cheaper. you do the math, its a no brainer.

edit: my bad i forgot vzw gives you an official visual voicemail app instead of phone fusion. so if you think $30 -$40 a month for an official vzw voicemail app is worth it then that maybe another reason to go to verizon
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 12-06-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:17 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Since the OP obviously doesn't care about carrier features... here are the main differences:
Sprint TP2: crazy orange dimpled battery cover, sim card slot comes unlocked for non-U.S. gsm use (if you want to use an AT&T or T-Mobile sim card you have to security unlocked the phone then flash the radio), the end call button is NOT the power button so you can remap long press to do stuff.

Verizon TP2: more subdued world map design on battery cover, the sim card slot is LOCKED (so to use it at all domestic/international you have to security unlocked the phone then unlock the sim card slot), the end call button is also the power button, so it can't be remapped for long press to do stuff.

Verdict: since the OP is planning to use it on Crickey and will have to security unlock in order to flash the radio... the only real differences are (1) the battery covers and (2) the end call button long press.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-06-2009, 02:46 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Doesn't the back of the Sprint TP2 have a giant Sprint billboard?

Also, the Verizon TP2 can be SIM unlocked, but I believe only from Verizon cust svc.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Am I the only one who actually likes the back cover design for Sprints version? I think it rocks!
Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
sprint tv has very good channels (i think) i wish verizon offered tv on the tp2
Old 12-06-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

Nibis is just getting started

There is nothing on the back cover that says Sprint, just the orange color you see through the holes, I just peeled mine off, You will see a sprint logo when you slide the key board out

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2