PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick
Rom with Manila 2.1?

I know that Sense 2.5 is out and all. And it's very pretty. And I know that there's even a landscape fix for it. That's lovely. But I've noticed that most of the custom ROMS around these parts lately have the Sense 2.5. Does anyone have a fast stable 6.5 or 6.5.1 ROM for the CDMA TP2 running Manila 2.1? I need my landscape functionality. I know there's a fix for it. But that just happened, and I'm not seeing it in ROM's yet. Not mention I've heard it's very beta, and very buggy.

So does anyone know of, or have a custom 6.5 or 6.5.1 ROM WITHOUT Sense UI?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:41 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: Rom with Manila 2.1?

If you want a fast stable reliable wm6.5 rom with manila 2.1 give MightyRom a shot.
If you don't like manila 2.1 you can always turn it off in settings. But MightyRom is great! I recommend it, sounds like what you're asking for.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You're not seeing any? Really? 3 posts under yours is a thread with both "6.5.3" and "2.1" in the title. The one DIRECTLY below your post may not have it in the title, but it's 6.5/2.1. Not to mention, arguable the most used ROM on the forum, MightROM, is 6.5/2.1

Also, FYI: The latest version of 2.1 is considered Sense
Old 12-04-2009, 05:49 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

You may also want to consider EnergyROM Phoenix 2, which is also Manila 2.1, just make sure to get the 21877 build (wm6.5) if you're concerned about stability. Generally speaking winmo6.5 (21xxx builds) is a lot less buggy and more stable than winmo6.3 (28xxx builds) or winmo6.1 (23xxx).

MightyROM is pretty barebones and very close to stock.
-good for if you want to do you own mods and tweaks
EnergyROM has a lot of tweaks and programs added.
-good if you just want everything included
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

Thanks guys. I've seen those as well. But those are Sense 2.1 roms. Not Manila 2.1. And even Sense 2.1 still doesn't have landscape. At least from what I can figure out.l

Last edited by Matchstick; 12-04-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sense 2.1 supports landscape just fine. The US Cellular Touch Pro2 even ships with Sense 2.1
Old 12-04-2009, 06:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SWEET!!!! That's what I needed to know!!! Totally flashing when i get my brand spanking new TP2 later today.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

manilla (old name)
sense (new name)

htc just renamed manilla when they released 2.1.

as for reference, 6.1 and 6.5 are obviously stable versions but 6.5.x is the latest concoction from MS but tends to be a little more unstable/buggy.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller

Last edited by tr0s; 12-04-2009 at 10:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Cfay and SSK also have Sense/Manilla 2.1 Windows 6.5 ROMS that are pretty close to stock. Mighty's is pretty good, but I couldn't stand his start screen setup. I'm running SSK and its given me no problems whatsoever.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2