PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
{BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help BUT here it is.......

This should work on any Verizon winmo device with ANY ROM......

i have had problems with MMS from the start on Juicy and Energy ROM's.

from what i understand using HTC messaging, which is accessed from text tab on Sense, will not work for MMS. BUT you do not have to disable. simply slide to mail tab in Sense and goto all messages and slide left or right to SMS/MMS. From there you can receive your pic messages. i can live with that personally, although it would be nice to have through Sense.....

fyi - sense is aka manila aka tf3d

so when i first flashed the Juicy or Energy ROM here is what i did to get it working on my Verizon touch pro2
- make sure arcsoft software is installed. do this by going to mail tab in sense.....all messages....and slide left or right....if you dont see a sms/mms it is not installed. i have attached arcsoft
*Note - arcsoft might be Hiding!!! if you have installed arcsoft and you still cant access by the way i described above then you need to make this registry change
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts]
Rename SMS to SMS.htc

- after that is installed you will need the correct registry settings. i have attached the cab for verizon settings. all this does is tell acrsoft software the mms server/file size/port/etc......(note- not sure why cab says m2.1? i guess its referring to manila 2.1, but its working on 2.5)

again, these are the steps i have been taking to get mms working on my verizon touch pro 2.

the main thing to remember is you cant get mms through HTC sense sms/mms.... HAVE TO USE WINDOWS MMS TO SEND RECEIVE MMS
You can still you text through sense Text Though......

Last edited by bignadad; 12-04-2009 at 10:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work
Re: {BiGnAdAd MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help with this BUT here it is...

I will flash the 28008 rom and hope it works for me as well.

Good to see another SC geek here. I am from Pinewood.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help with this BUT here it is...

reserved.....
Old 12-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
I will flash the 28008 rom and hope it works for me as well.

Good to see another SC geek here. I am from Pinewood.
damn. pinewood is right down the road from me..... been here all my life!

ALL i had to do after flashing EnergyROM_28008_RHOD500_02.Dec.2009_StandardM2.5
is install the mms fix regedit attached to post 1
Old 12-03-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work

Do you think Max Manila 2.6 will be compatible with the 28008 rom?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
Do you think Max Manila 2.6 will be compatible with the 28008 rom?
Yes i do
follow this post here for updates
{BiGnAdAd MaxManila}MaxManila 2.6 Is in the WORKS! Screens Posted! 2.51921 Compatible

WHERE IT IS RIGHT NOW

basically the creator of maxmanila and EnergyROM are aware of this and have made comments saying that they are fixing, or trying to. i expect there will be a fix out tomorrow or Saturday... was just on XDA and they are pushing for an early release POSSIBLY for 2.6, but i think full screen is giving problems and that is the hold up....

Last edited by bignadad; 12-03-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mr_musiq07 is becoming a great contributor
Re: {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help BUT here it is.....

Anytime i receive an MMS it says its from Me...anybody else getting that? I did some manual reg edits. Gonna try this cab and see what happens
Old 12-04-2009, 12:46 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help BUT here it is.....

Relocated to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
the main thing to remember is you cant get mms through HTC sense sms/mms.... HAVE TO USE WINDOWS MMS TO SEND RECEIVE MMS
You can still you text through sense Text Though......

Sure you can receive SMS through that POS HTC app, but it makes the system MUCH more enjoyeable to use if you disable it with the zenyee cab.

I am running Juicy R3 & I used the HTC app for sms for a few weeks & the WM messaging for MMS. Sure, it works that way, but the HTC app is such a laggy POS I finally disabled it. I should have done that from day one on this flash.

~John
Old 12-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I used the HTC app for sms for a few weeks & the WM messaging for MMS. Sure, it works that way, but the HTC app is such a laggy POS I finally disabled it. I should have done that from day one on this flash.
~John
i will definetly agree with you on that. i had a lot of lag in HTC app for sms at first, BUT since i have started flashing Energy ROM it is very speedy. love the interface of the HTC txt too!! would hate to lose it!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2