PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Lurker

drtigerlilly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Help] Assigning a link to a New Start Menu Button

I've using Dutty's HD v3.3 XT Ship ROM and haven't been able to get this to work

I made a folder in Programs (via File Explorer: Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs) that contains links to all my Skyscape Medical Books, and then created a shortcut (Med Books.lnk) to the folder. I then tried to assign the shortcut to a start menu button, but when i try to open it from the start menu i get an error message about the .lnk being unsigned.

Quote:
The file cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found, if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file
I installed sdkcerts but i still get the error message trying to open the .lnk, from the start menu.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:27 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [Help] Assigning a link to a New Start Menu Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtigerlilly View Post
I've using Dutty's HD v3.3 XT Ship ROM and haven't been able to get this to work

I made a folder in Programs (via File Explorer: Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs) that contains links to all my Skyscape Medical Books, and then created a shortcut (Med Books.lnk) to the folder. I then tried to assign the shortcut to a start menu button, but when i try to open it from the start menu i get an error message about the .lnk being unsigned.

Quote:
The file cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found, if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file
I installed sdkcerts but i still get the error message trying to open the .lnk, from the start menu.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Here's you're problem:
"or one of its components cannot be found"

What did you use to make the shortcut, and are you sure it is pointing at the right file?

dwizzy130

Old 05-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

drtigerlilly is a n00b

i just right clicked on the folder & did copy & then paste shortcut. Yes its pointing directly to the shortcut for the start menu button.

Do bear in mind i'm referring to the New Start Menu found w/ tf3d v2+
Old 05-18-2009, 12:43 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtigerlilly View Post
i just right clicked on the folder & did copy & then paste shortcut. Yes its pointing directly to the shortcut for the start menu button.

Do bear in mind i'm referring to the New Start Menu found w/ tf3d v2+

Ohhh ok you didn't say that...
And wait, right click? Do you mean tap and hold? Did you make the shortcut on a pc and transfer it or did you make it on your device?

dwizzy130
Old 05-18-2009, 12:48 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, are you using a touch hd? or is this in the wrong forum?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: fdsaf

gosgirl is a n00b

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD