PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
wm5 on mogul... flashing ROM tutoral for dummies (or noobs) please.

first off i am not a dummie. its just that i have been out of the loop for a while as far as the ROMs go. i had the 6700 for a long time. then i went with the treo 700wx just before all you 6700 users started cooking roms. the treos never got any custom ROMs. i missed about a years worth of learning this ROM stuff and would like to get up to par with the rest of you.

my request is two part.

1. can someone post some links to explain the parts of "installing a new rom" for me? something that i can read and learn from. for example...the flashing of the roms that we got from htc site was easy to flash once the device was unlocked with the SPL unlocker, but when i went to get wm5 off of the ppcgeeks FTP site, when i opened it up it just had a bunce of files and folders. not the same as the htc site. what do i need to do to get this type of rom on the devices?

2. can someone give me a step by step instruction on how to get wm5 on my mogul? this is one way i may be able to learn the issues i have with question #1.

thanks, cody

i did get to full alltel rom loaded on the mogul just fine. in fact it was too easy. the wm5 on the other hand looks a little different. i allways want to learn and understand before i take a chance bricking my baby.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
you're almost there, download ruu.rar extract the ruu, download the wm5 nbh and put the nbh in the ruu folder and run the rom update utility. All the needed files are in my section of the FTP.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
this is where i start to feel stupid. correct me where i am wrong.

1. is the ruu (rom update ulity) the thyp of file that htc gives as an update? for example... http://www.america.htc.com/support/m...downloads.html

2. once i extrat this ruu.rar, then put the nbh files in the ruu. do i have to zip (rar) it back up or anything?

3. is this ruu some thing that you guys made or is this what all ROM updates come with?

thanks for the help everyone.

speical thanks to you imcokeman. for the spl unlocker and all you do.

cody
Old 10-11-2007, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok, i fouind the ruu. it was hiding in the apache section. lol. i will be home in a few hours. i think i am going to try this. i think i uderstand just enough to get myself in trouble. wish me luck.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
no not apache ruu, use the ruu.rar in my titan section it is the files that can be extracted from an alltel.exe with winrar, but just run the file inside it called RomUpdateUtility.exe after you copy in the nbh.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
no not apache ruu, use the ruu.rar in my titan section it is the files that can be extracted from an alltel.exe with winrar, but just run the file inside it called RomUpdateUtility.exe after you copy in the nbh.

now after reading a little more last night i got confused with this part... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9793

do i need the exit boot loader thing? i did use it when i did the alltel full rom flash last week. all i used was the spl unlocker and then installed the alltel rom. worked fine.

man, i still got so much to learn.

thanks, cody

Last edited by codyppc; 10-12-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
you're almost there, download ruu.rar extract the ruu, download the wm5 nbh and put the nbh in the ruu folder and run the rom update utility. All the needed files are in my section of the FTP.
ok, i did this. felt like everything was good. got an error half way into the flash. image corupted.

hmmm, now i am stuck in the titana100 SPL-1.20.Olipro screen.

any ideas?

looks like i flash back to something else for now.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
ok, i did this. felt like everything was good. got an error half way into the flash. image corupted.
hmmm, now i am stuck in the titana100 SPL-1.20.Olipro screen.
any ideas?
looks like i flash back to something else for now.
I had the same error when I install Colonel test ROM then I ran this ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks...tan_exitbl.rar
and it work without any problems. Weird I know! hope it helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan