PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 12:00 AM
patches

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Internet Connection Sharing with Vista64

I've looked and searched through all the forums about this and none of the previous posts work and any linked Vista64 drivers don't install on my system.

I'm trying to get ICS working with Vista64. I have the official WM6.1 Sprint ROM on my mogul, can get ICS to work via Bluetooth but not with USB (I prefer USB since I can charge the phone at the same time and it's usually faster than BT). I've already done all the registry edits and crap needed to even get ICS working so I'm beyond that stage. When I start ICS, connect, then plug in via USB, Vista64 tries to install "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device", fails to due to a driver problem, then if I want to have Vista try to detect it again, I have to go to Device Manager and delete/uninstall it from under "Unknown Devices". ICS works fine on my XP computer, just is crapping out with my Vista64 one.

All the Vista64 drives I have found in this forum are garbage and don't work. Has anyone connected with ICS and Vista64 with any success yet? This is quite maddening that two Microsoft products can't work together...
Old 11-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet Connection Sharing with Vista64

Use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4170499 instead of ICS or get the 64 drivers here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93150.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
ics, mogul, vista64