PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
Way Too Slow.

My Mogul is just a couple months old and i am starting to experience very slow operation. It takes about 10 to 15 seconds to open the text message screen when i press the button or choose from the screen with my stylus. Also opening any program takes what seems like 2 hours. I have X-Button installed and i have checked to make sure that no other programs are running. I have only installed Arcsoft MMS Picturemail, AIM, GoogleMaps, Weatherpanel (Storage Card), and PHM Registry Editor. Under my settings -> memory tab i have 129.03mb for Storage free, and 21.81mb free for program. Is there something here that i should removed to increase speed bc at this point im starting to get gray hair while watching apps open. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Any reg hacks are welcome as well.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
do you have xbutton 2.0? if so get wktask or xbutton 1.5...
and arcsoft mms has always made opening "messaging" slow for me...
Old 10-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
having wp installed to the card will slow you down as well...anything thats kept on the today screen should never be installed onto the card.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have x button 1.5 and i am going now to change WP from the Card to the phone. Thanks. will give update on how this changes helps it out.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
good deal...
Old 10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It did seems to speed up a little bit. however i am still having major problems with my phone freezing from time to time. And also sometimes when im typing a test message the letters that i am typing will not show. This is really bugging me out bc im not a very good typer and i cant see if i have crazy mistakes or if the text is right. Anyone else had this problem with the text messages?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bitslizer is a n00b
time for a hard reset?

its microsoft afterall which pretty much make format c:\ reinstall OS mandatory every copule of monts xD
Old 10-08-2007, 11:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
"This is really bugging me out bc im not a very good typer"

What is a typer? Is that similar to a typist?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Go into the input settings and turn off the predictive text...

Your definition of slow could just be you being impatient...
Unless your phone is messed up in some weird way... Try a hard reset, your not many apps in, so it wouldnt effect you much...

Both Soft Key Buttons + Reset Button for 3 Seconds = BACK TO ORIGINAL STATE ALL DATA MINUS STORAGE CARD GONE
Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the help, Hard Reset It was. But i had called sprint and they told me that they have had a lot of reported problems with people's text messaging going bad. Have any of you heard about this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan