PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
Exclamation Keep having to softboot My Mogul

hey guys I know yall have lots of knowledge on lots of subjects, well here is the issue, After install of the alltel WM6 rom from the HTC site, my phone will lock up for no reason, meaning it will not wake up from what i would term as standby. One of the alltel tech reps adivsed me it was prob my SBP time & finance software, i adivsed her this was not the case due to the fact the locking issue was now occuring on a 2nd phone that i was sent by alltel XBM, I did have the software installed but did a hard reset on the phone to remove the software, to appease the rep. I have another phone comming to me but need help from yall, do you think this may be a glitch in the alltel wm6 rom? the phones ship with wm5 so i will leave the new one at 5 till i find out what the issue is, hopefully it wont do the same thing, im talkin it will lock 3-5 times a day. any help woudl be great.

Will G
Old 10-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
your problem is almost 100% due to software unless the device still locks up after a hard reset and not installing ANY apps. then you can troubleshoot further to see which program it is.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
yes the freezing is still happening even after a hard reset on both phones, the only software that is still on both is the alltel wm6 rom..

Will
Old 10-07-2007, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul

DogGuy is just getting started
Are you using BT and if yes, what devices / models?

I've narrowed my freezing down to dropped pairing between my Mogul and my Plantronics 665. Still troubleshooting to get a more exact answer, but the drops are always due to it failing to a) recognize the headset was gone or b) losing the headset while being off. The frequency is really low now, less than 1 in 10 times that I've tried to force a crash, but I haven't had it crash at any other time. And I have had it crash even while "awake" when it lost the headset and didn't realize it, then tried to do a phone call. That seems to be an instant lockup. Still trying to decide which specific ways of losing the headset are most likely to cause the problem, and if it is always correlated to a phone call or not. Definitely not 3rd party apps though, because I've done all my testing after a hard reset.

- DogGuy
Old 10-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

yes i 2 am using a plantronics 665, but was having the issues with a plantronics 330 & a moto 350 or 320 what ever the low modle is.

Will
Old 10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

got2balls is a n00b
I'm having the same problem. Phone will not power back on (wake up) til i do the soft reset. i notice that it only happen when i leave the BT function on. when BT function is off, the phone will wake up fine. i'm using samsung wep410 model bt.

EDIT : I found a work around. disabling (uncheck) "turn off device if not use for" for battery and external power solve the problem. although it is not really a fix but it is OK to use for now.

Last edited by got2balls; 10-09-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Got that is a fine idea if you are connected to a pwr cord allday, when i do that i have a tendency to call people when i don't want to. Im working with alltel now to try to find out what is causing the issue, as far as they knew there was no issue..

Will

PS they are telling me that the 665 is not compatable with the 6800
Old 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul

DogGuy is just getting started
Are they going to say the same about the Jabra JX10 ... someone else mentioned that.... or several others. And do they have a reason as to *why* that one particular headset isn't compatible? I'm all ears to their response.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

its not listed under the accessories for the phone on the alltel site i think is why the say its not compatable, but i did chk with plantronics site and it doesn't list the phone either..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan