PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Petition to Sprint and HTC to fix the BT problem.

Found this on HoFo and figured I'd post it here.

There are 210 signatures already. Maybe if we get enough, they'll fix the BT and the keyboard in .NET 2.0 apps.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mogulfix/petition.html

By the way, I know this has already been posted. However, its posted within another thread and really deserves its own thread.

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 10-07-2007 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Why does this deserve it's own thread? Both of these issues are fixed in the alltel rom which can be used on a sprint mogul with the hard-SPL. In my dir on the FTP i have a Titan 2.14 OS nbh file that will fix the issues and not overwrite the radio or the splash screens. For those that dont want to flash a rom the KB one has already been packaged into a cab file in another thread.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:35 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Because not everyone who owns the device is willing to put third-party hacks on there. Its Sprint's responsibility to fix the problem and who knows, they may improve the device in other ways as well.

I wasn't aware that the BT problem was totally fixed on the Alltel ROM. What I had been hearing was the jury was still out. If that is the case, I apologize, but I still think that this should be posted in a place where everyone can see it without having to dig through another thread. Its up to you though and I'm not trying to argue, I just thought it made more sense to have this on its own thread than buried in another.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Has there been any precedent for internet petitions even working? I hate to sound cynical but I think they are a waste of time. Companies don't look at them.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:37 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

I've heard of them working, if you get enough signatures and get someone in the corporate centers of companies. I haven't heard about it working specifically with Sprint or HTC but I don't see the harm in signing it and sending it off anyway. It took me all of 30 seconds to put my name on the petition. I didn't really mind.

I don't even use BT anyway so the petition doesn't really concern me. I still signed it though.

Like I said, its up to you guys. I'm just trying to be helpful by moving it where other people will get to see it.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

betulike2know is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to betulike2know Send a message via Skype™ to betulike2know
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Why does this deserve it's own thread? Both of these issues are fixed in the alltel rom which can be used on a sprint mogul with the hard-SPL. In my dir on the FTP i have a Titan 2.14 OS nbh file that will fix the issues and not overwrite the radio or the splash screens. For those that dont want to flash a rom the KB one has already been packaged into a cab file in another thread.
Is it possible for the BT one to be packaged as a cab file???????
Old 10-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

drurc8 is becoming a great contributor
Alltel Rom does not work good with Sprint service, internet is very slow. BT issue is still not resolved, it is just a little better than sprint rom. HTC and Sprint should fix BT problem. I've tried Alltel rom in mogul, people still complain about the chopping sound when I am talking with bt headset. I 110% agree with petition form, Sprint and HTC should fix BT problem now. We should not pay $400-500 for the phone that does not work properly. I actually have to soft reset mogul more often than I use it. This is TERRIBLE>
Old 10-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by drurc8 View Post
Alltel Rom does not work good with Sprint service, internet is very slow. BT issue is still not resolved, it is just a little better than sprint rom. HTC and Sprint should fix BT problem. I've tried Alltel rom in mogul, people still complain about the chopping sound when I am talking with bt headset. I 110% agree with petition form, Sprint and HTC should fix BT problem now. We should not pay $400-500 for the phone that does not work properly. I actually have to soft reset mogul more often than I use it. This is TERRIBLE>
EtherealRemnant makes a valid point. I think too many times it is assumed that devices can be fixed based on what you guys do here and over at XDA. But we need to bare in mind that not EVERYONE is technologically advanced that they would come to this site, or any site like it to "fix" their phone.

ImCoKeMaN, your work is incredible, but your post about "why does this need its own thread" and the fact the YOU posted in the FTP, falls right in line with what I said above.

Now, I dont know how many people are having the same problem as myself. What I do know is the I have enough knowledge to unlock my phone based on this site. I dont see how the Alltel rom on the Mogul improved BT; in fact, it made mine simple HORRID! No one I talk with while using ANY BT headset can understand ANYTHING I am saying. I dont call that a fix; especially when mine wasnt broken before.

Before I switched to PPC, I had NEVER even heard of PPCGeeks or XDA. So in essence, if I am having horrifying problems with a device that I spent $600 on, I wouldnt think first to come to you for a fix.

Last edited by ScandaLex; 10-07-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ScandaLex is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by drurc8 View Post
My internet is not slow at all; at least it hasnt been for the past 2 days with the Alltel rom. The only petition I know that worked is the one done on TreoCentral for Palm to fix the problems with the 700p.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ScandaLex is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by betulike2know View Post
Is it possible for the BT one to be packaged as a cab file???????
I 2nd that request.

I hate to have to revert back to Sprints rom just for my BT issues to go away!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan