PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul & HTC Touch and HTC Diamond now HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

soundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy USB wireless modem for PPC6800 ??

hey guys this is my first thread ..

I just wanted to know is there and .exe. or .cab file out there from WM5 the USB wireless modem that i can install on my mogul becuase the only way i can connect to the net is using my phone and ever since i got my mogeul like 6 days ago ive been going throu hell and back trying to make this thing stay connected i the the reg. edit thing changed the values even got MSL# and changed the setting there but no luck whats o ever i keep getting disconected in about five minutes any one can help me on this matter o and pdanet does the same thing

thankx in advance hope someone has a solution for this problem
Old 09-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
No Wmodem doesn't work for me from wm5, but if you follow the directions I posted in the tethering thread exactly you should have no problems, look them up.
If you still have trouble try "stay on" google it, it may help but it's only keeping the connection going when your internet use is inactive.

Pdanet works good but for me it drops connection sometimes, think it has to do with my activesync as it connects trough that.
I like Usbmodem better it's pretty much exactly the old Wmodem from wm5, but like Pdanet it costs money.

P.S. This thread should probably just be part of the tethering thread anyways as that's that threads purpose.

Last edited by Primenall; 09-28-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul & HTC Touch and HTC Diamond now HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

soundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good work
Thanx for you help Primenall lol i think im gonna have to cough up the money ... Usbmodem been using it for 4 days now and its awsome plus with your tethering post and that program everything is working like a charm 0 disconnects and the speed is great. so i think you should try it if you havent and like i said its better to pay it once than every month lol

thanx again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan