PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ppc6800 alltel
Carrier: none so far

ricomania is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Where can I find a list of ppc6800 codes?

Hello all!

I'm new to all of this rom flashing stuff. I hope this post is not too long and I hope there's not too many questions in it.

I searched this forum best I know how and failed to find a list of codes for the htc ppc6800. (those ##xxx# things).

Is there such a list? Can one be started? A list of codes and what they are for would be nice to have around I think.

I know there are a few htc ppc6800 phones (Alltel, Sprint Mogul, Verizon VX6800, and more, I think). Would there be different codes for each model or the same codes for all?

If a list can be created or started, can the codes that's different for various models show which model they're for? This would help me (and possibly others) a lot.

One more question. I have a brand new, non-activated Alltel htc ppc6800. At first I was thinking of trying to flash my phone to a Sprint mogul if possible ( but now just want to either trade for a mogul or sell--lol). Just messing around and trying to learn how to put in a code, I tried entering a code from directions in this link, http://www.htcwiki.com/page/Hacking+HTC+Mogul, to find my MSL code. The code was ##778#. When I put in that code and pressed talk, enter, send, or OK, my non-activated phone dials out (actually ringing), then hangs up. In the directions in the link above the next step was to choose "view" after putting in the code. I couldn't find anywhere to choose view.

This may seem/sound dumb but, step by step, or button by button, how does one enter codes? Told you I'm new. Is the phone suppose to dial out? Where are options like "view" found after putting in a code?

Thanks in advance for all help received.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Where can I find a list of ppc6800 codes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomania View Post
Hello all!I'm new to all of this rom flashing stuff..
We all start out new.
Quote:
I searched this forum best I know how .
I'm glad to hear that you searched before posting and that is evident.
Quote:
Is there such a list? Can one be started? A list of codes and what they are for would be nice to have around I think..
When I started I could never find one either. So here one is...... All the codes I'm listing below begin with ## code AND ENDS WITH # or send.
If the code won't work with # at the end try to leave it off and hit send.

2539 (A KEY) To update A KEY
33284 (DEBUG) Displays info for 1X, HDR, GPS.
3282 (DATA) obsolete
775 (PRL) Update PRL
3424 (DIAG) Diagnostic Router to connect to computer
7738 (PREV) obsolete
778 (PST) Programming Menu
786 (RTN) obsolete
8626337 (VOCODER) obsolete
Quote:
I know there are a few htc ppc6800 phones (Alltel, Sprint Mogul, Verizon VX6800, and more, I think). Would there be different codes for each model or the same codes for all?.
Usually the only difference is at the end if it's a # or the send button. Also please note that some after market dialers do not support the ## codes.
Quote:
If a list can be created or started, can the codes that's different for various models show which model they're for? This would help me (and possibly others) a lot.
People just need to experiment the most used are PST and DIAG.
Quote:
One more question. I have a brand new, non-activated Alltel htc ppc6800. At first I was thinking of trying to flash my phone to a Sprint mogul if possible ( but now just want to either trade for a mogul or sell--lol). Just messing around and trying to learn how to put in a code, I tried entering a code from directions in this link, http://www.htcwiki.com/page/Hacking+HTC+Mogul, to find my MSL code. The code was ##778#. When I put in that code and pressed talk, enter, send, or OK, my non-activated phone dials out (actually ringing), then hangs up. In the directions in the link above the next step was to choose "view" after putting in the code. I couldn't find anywhere to choose view.
##778# or ##778 Send then Edit.. Then you will enter your MSL try 000000 for Alltel or Verizon. At this point you will be in the PST menu you can change such things as the MDN/MIN, MCC/MNC, SID's PRL, and other basic programming for the phone.
Quote:
This may seem/sound dumb but, step by step, or button by button, how does one enter codes? Told you I'm new. Is the phone suppose to dial out? Where are options like "view" found after putting in a code?
## "CODE" # or SND.
Quote:
Thanks in advance for all help received.
Your welcome and if this helped any hit the thanks bottom right corner.
Happy flashing
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ppc6800 alltel
Carrier: none so far
Threadstarter

ricomania is a n00b
Re: Where can I find a list of ppc6800 codes?

Thanks alot. Hard to beleive such a small change like leaving off a # can make such a big difference. You just opened the door I needed to begin understanding some of what I've been reading.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
codes, htc, mogul, ppc6800, titan