PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC6800
Carrier: Sprint

bingcrosby is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
ok i got it to work... but is there a way to make it do whatever it needs to boot faster?
it would be awesome if there was like a verbose output mode, to see it booting or whatever...
cause is the phone take that long to boot or does it take that long because it has set periods of time to show each image?
in that same reg folder there's a key called enabled. set it to 0 instead of 1 and the animated gif won't show at boot. Does not seem to effect boot time though...
Old 09-24-2007, 06:33 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
i think im retarded and that gif is hosted on a domain blocked by my work. nice job on the animation!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff
thx its hosted on imageshack.us
Old 09-24-2007, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Claude9039u is just getting started
Htc(non-official) Startup screen

wamu93

Hey great gif. I have a quick question. When I start up I get a yellow sprint , Your gif which is cool, then a green windows screen. Is there any way to change the 1st and 3rd screens?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
if we could change both that would be cool, cause you could estimate time and make animations with percent loaded or timers...
well that would be cool at least
Old 09-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

alphamabox is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
disable the animated gif and I would assume that it would boot much faster. It should just skip that part.
okay tried just deleting the image but it wouldn't let me so went into the reg and deleted the spcs startup string and also enabled value from 1 to 0. well it doesn't cut down boot up time but it obviously won't display the sprint animated wing thing and htc images. it does how ever show the static sprint yellow screen and then after long showing of that it moves to the windows green image.

if anyone can figure out how to cut down the boot up time please pm me or post... its driving me nuts hahaha

thanks!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC6800

bingcrosby is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude9039u View Post
wamu93

Hey great gif. I have a quick question. When I start up I get a yellow sprint , Your gif which is cool, then a green windows screen. Is there any way to change the 1st and 3rd screens?
the third screen (windows) can be changed by replacing the file: welcomehead.96.png in your windows directory.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

odyssey1111 is a n00b
Talking The "no" Resco Registy workaround

First off thank you for the better bootup screen!! Second, I haven't talked myself into buying the Resco Explorer 2007, so.... using the PHM registry edit, which won't save this registry edit, save the 6800b.gif file in the Windows directory and rename it SPCS_startup. This will overwrite the original file. Therefore no registry edit needs to be done.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I would assume that the startup screen, like most startup screens, is meant to cover loading operations, and not be completely superfluous, giving you no advantage to disabling it. Am I wrong about this?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I would assume that the startup screen, like most startup screens, is meant to cover loading operations, and not be completely superfluous, giving you no advantage to disabling it. Am I wrong about this?
this just replaces teh.. sprint/yellow htc/white startup animation you get once you reboot.

And Thx Oddyssey

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan