PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mogul REV.A working already...NO IT IS NOT!

Well, after getting my replacement mogul and activating it it had a issue where it would not connect online. So Sprint transfered me to the high tech support level for them that deal with this phone only. Well, at least thats what they told me. Anyways.... after reseting and hard reseting it turned out that it was the a Sprint network that was temporarily down in my area, thus giving me a error 1012 code. Anyway... while we were hard reseting the phone I managed to ask him about REV.A and GPS. Apparently the tech guy said he was a Mogul owner and loves his mogul and asked me what about me. So I told him I love mines but wished REV>A was working already. He laughed and said its already working and why wouldn't it be? I told him that I was waiting still for the rom update for the mogul to reach those speeds and also hopefully get GPS unlocked. Well, he laughed even more and said "you read that online huh?" I told him of course. Well he said his mogul hits REV.A speeds and does not have any newer rom on it other than what were all running on. He said that the mogul does not need to get a rom update to see REV.A speeds. He says its already ready out the box. he says when the box says "Future REV.A upgradeable, it means once the Sprint towers get updated to REV.A then the mogul will run those speeds automatically. And its all on the towers not the phone. So he said he was surprised when he heard me say i was waiting a rom update for REV.A because thats never gonna happen since it does not need it. He said its like your DSL service, you can buy the cheapest service and get 384 kbs and just call over and say you want to pay more for faster dsl and they just uncapp it and you run faster. Its not like you have to upgrade your Modem, its really on the ip to make it faster. Therefor once REV.A is available in your area then th mogul connects to the upgraded towers and runs at REV .A since there is no cap on it. And all this time we were waiting for it. Anyways he said in order for me or anyone else to find out if were running on REV.A is to do a speed test and the giveaway is the upload speed. He says if you upload is between 144 and 350 kbs then your REV. A. He says the only problem there is , is that there not really a good PDA spped test out there thats very accurate. And if you do finds one it only focuses on download and not upload. So ... about the GPS. He was pretty silent about it and did not say much about it. He said it would be nice if it was unlocked. Thats about it.

So ... here is our new Mission Mogulians...... we need to find a good speed test for our moguls that accurate on upload speeds. Here where I am is the birthplace of REV.A but I have tall building and mountains kinda ruin it for me. But even thou... I still need a good reliable web for the test. Any recommends?

And remember.. this was not a Sprint REP. He was actually a top level technician that fixes the toughest PDA problems and he said he knows the Mogul inside and out.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

elgreek84 is keeping up the good workelgreek84 is keeping up the good work
260 kb/s with 1 bar on dslreports mobile speed test with 1mb file. i knowthat doesn't help, just thought i'd share

also with 1 bar, i did a speakeasy speed test, upload and download using IE with flash 7 installed (i typed in "upload speed test" in google) and got 270 kb/s (so almost hte same in previous mobile test) and 50 kb/s upload. someopne with 5 bars and ie with flash 7 can try that out and let us know.

Last edited by elgreek84; 10-06-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:06 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
load up Opera, go to www.testmy.net and perform the dual test.

Testmy.net is the single site I've found that gives consistently reliable results both down AND up AND it works on the phone via Opera.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Please be aware he said the best way to know is do the upload test and if its above 144 to 350 kbs then your on rev.a
Old 10-06-2007, 02:14 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Are you not reading what I'm posting or what?

Testmy.net tests BOTH upload AND download.

So run the test from Opera on your phone and post the results.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rev A would show itself through upload speed and not download... lets face it, Sprint would need to not only add Rev A but ALSO add more total available bandwidth for us to be able to see between the 2.4Mbps to 3.1Mbps markers.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
kb = kilobytes?

Cause if you guys are getting 200+ K per second, thats fucking crazy, unless im just being retarded...
Old 10-06-2007, 03:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
this could be true.

I live in Katy, TX. when I first got my Mogul, while i'm in the house I went straight on WIFI. I always watch youtube via pocketyt.com and the EVDO speeds wasn't good enough. Then the last 2-3 weeks, I barely touch the WIFI switch... and then I realize the speeds were as fast as if I were on WIFI. Even at my job (which is east of downtown Houston), the breakroom use to be horrible and I had to wait like 2-3 minutes to let the video load, but not anymore.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:39 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Yeah but that still doesn't tell us your upload speed.

If you run the test, then we'll know
Old 10-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
ok did the testmy.net and I got 124 upload and 856 download. Ive gotten better download before with other test sites. once I got 1237 download but it did not show upload. I ised msspeed.com i think. I will try tomoroow again and outside my building far from these hills and tall buildings.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
hahahah I redid the test and this what it gave me....... 2883 download and 142 upload. This site must be broken or am I near REV a speed?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan