PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 03:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mebedaman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Preparing to sell Mogul - steps to take?

Sorry for the newbie question...So, I'm going to buy a Touch Pro 2 in the next day or 2, and want to sell my Sprint Mogul on ebay to help pay for it. I currently have a hacked ROM loaded on it. What do you recommend I do before selling it on ebay?

I have searched a little for help with this question and didn't find much. I'm guessing I should probably put the stock ROM back on the phone. To do this, I know I need to relock the phone and then load the latest Sprint stock ROM, right? If anyone is familiar with these procedures and has a second, if you could list the steps here, I'd appreciate it. Is it ok to put the stock ROM back on the phone after I activate the Touch Pro 2 and my Mogul no longer has service? Will everything work ok for the next owner?

After I activate my Touch Pro 2, is there anything I need to provide in my ebay listing? I've seen some cell phone listings with "bad" ESNs and such. Do I just say that it is a clean ESN, anything else?

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Preparing to sell Mogul - steps to take?

If it were me,

1. I would stock and lock it so that the buyer has no issues related to the ROM.
2. Clean up things as best you can, like wiping the screen off and getting any dirt off.
3. Include the box (if possible) and anything that you don't need or want for the TP2 (like the case and styli, as these don't work for the TP2)

I guess be honest with your description, if there are scratches or anything...
Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I disagree, I would put a solid super stable custom ROM on it and use it as a selling point. (Let the chef know first).
Your gonna need all the help you can to get anything at all for it, cause noones looking for a Mogul anymore.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I disagree, I would put a solid super stable custom ROM on it and use it as a selling point. (Let the chef know first).
Your gonna need all the help you can to get anything at all for it, cause noones looking for a Mogul anymore.
If you put a stock ROM on it, then the buyer, if he has issues with the phone, will be able to solve them much more easily, as he will be able to go to a store and ask, along with coming to PPCG for help...
Old 09-24-2009, 10:08 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
If you put a stock ROM on it, then the buyer, if he has issues with the phone, will be able to solve them much more easily, as he will be able to go to a store and ask, along with coming to PPCG for help...
I guess thats true,
I gotta feeling hes not gonna like what he gets for it off Ebay
Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
I guess thats true,
I gotta feeling hes not gonna like what he gets for it off Ebay
yeah... I almost moved this to the Seller's Forum but then I realized he only has 15 posts.. LMAO
Old 09-24-2009, 10:35 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
yeah... I almost moved this to the Seller's Forum but then I realized he only has 15 posts.. LMAO
based on what I seen on ebay, hes looking at getting around 50 bucks for it. Maybe 75.
which is actually better than I thought. but theres TONs of them on there with zero bids
Old 09-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
based on what I seen on ebay, hes looking at getting around 50 bucks for it. Maybe 75.
which is actually better than I thought. but theres TONs of them on there with zero bids
If it is clean, nice, and full of extra's he should get $50-75... Hopefully anyway
Old 09-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

I was able to pull $100 for mine off of craigslist at the beginning of this month, but mine was in great condition, had a box, all accessories, and an extra battery.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6900

riceguy is a n00b

I been lookin at moguls for the last 2 weeks on ebay (got one this morning). A lot of people are actually buy these on ebay.

price range for a USED - Clean esn. is 60-100. average price 75-80. prices vary with accessories that come with it. as well as condition of phone (scratches, buttons missing or not functional)

if u see the ones with 0 bids, you arer looking at the ones not close to ending. if u wait til the last 10mins the bids come pouring in.

i lost about 5 moguls at a bidding war with 10secs left. prices go from 60 to 90 in seconds, if you want to sell it at least for 50-60, put a reserve just in case a lucky guy gets one for 57 (i lost this bid cuz i got distracted at work for 5secs)

u can always ask the bidder if he/she would like it set back to original Rom manufacturer after the auction is over, if the person knows about rom flashing he/she wouldn't care if there was a custom rom. The auctions I've seen with custom roms still go for the same price.

basic info bidders would like to see:

-if 100% functional, if not state why/what,
-scratches/scuffs, where?
-clean esn (not reported stolen or lost, just deactivated)
-some photos of condition
-accessories it comes with, charger or state everything in original box

good luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan