PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phillyphill39 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
and isnt that how side looks? mine is black aslo with a slight rough feeling like the keyboard.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Lurker

MTXR is a n00b
My stylus is getting loose over time too... I have a feeling its gonna become like yours...

Theres gotta be a way to fix it or a workaround...i just havn't looked into it much yet..
Old 09-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Thumbs down

Theres a pocket PC print on the lower front metal casing in the mogul. My replacement mogul does not have it. Some ppl are saying the new ones dont come with it printed anmore. I thing its just saving HTC money by not doing it. As for the side scroll whel. My old mogul had a very nice flat smooth black look to it. Now this new mogul has a rough black look to it. But I think I figured it out on the scroll wheel. I checked a friends mogul and he bought his mogul the same day i bough mines and his wheel is also rough. I think I just got lucky with my first mogul having a nice smooth wheel. The rough paint is for sure not normal. Looks like they sprayed the casin on this replacement too fine. Its very rough. Everyone around me agrees on that. but does it justify me calling sprint to have it replaced for that reason? What do you all think? MTXR.. keep an eye on those plastic holdowns on the clip. You know the one I took a pic of. Thiose will paif soon i think. Kinda suks in my opinion.. we mogul users will have to carry our stylus inside out pant pockets.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
The newer Moguls, specifically with the latest firmware already loaded on it, do not have "Pocket PC" printed on them. Mine doesn't either as well as alot of other people's.

As for your scrollwheel issue, I have no idea...
Old 09-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Did your new Mogul come with the keyboard free play gone. You know, the one when you grab the keyboard on the close position and it lifts a little. On this new one the play is gone completely. I am very happy about it but I think in HTC tightening the keyboard they made the sliding kekboard a bit noisy. have you noticed that?
Old 09-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Yeah, my keyboard is much tighter than my first mogul.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Ahhh yesss. Thank you freeza for giving your input. So your mogul and my mogul being the 2nd generation have the loose keyboard fixed. That's good to hear. BTW, do you miss the "Pocket PC" print in front? I kanda do but I think we are better off with out it since my friends mogul has the "E" rubbed out of pocket. So it reads "pockt". LOL.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Super Saiyan 3

hahahaha!

To be hoenst, i hadn't noticed that the Pocket PC was gone from it at all until i read a topic on a forum about it. It makes people who look at my phone think of it more as a phone than as a pc when they read that lol.

i'm fine either way

But yeah, the loose keyboard seems to be fixed even after it's fallen on the carpet a few times. Luckily for me i've never dropped it on a hard surface.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Thumbs up

haha! Freeza when I come close in dropping my mogul ,my heart skips a beat. Now that I got this replacement I carry it like its a real baby. Well, that's good to hear that dropping it on carpet won't bring the keyboard play back.
I must say I still love this phone. I don't know why ppl like treos so much.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
hahahaha!

To be hoenst, i hadn't noticed that the Pocket PC was gone from it at all until i read a topic on a forum about it. It makes people who look at my phone think of it more as a phone than as a pc when they read that lol.

i'm fine either way

But yeah, the loose keyboard seems to be fixed even after it's fallen on the carpet a few times. Luckily for me i've never dropped it on a hard surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
haha! Freeza when I come close in dropping my mogul ,my heart skips a beat. Now that I got this replacement I carry it like its a real baby. Well, that's good to hear that dropping it on carpet won't bring the keyboard play back.
I must say I still love this phone. I don't know why ppl like treos so much.

Well my heart skipped a beat the other day, I had it in my shirt pocket and was pulling it out and ended up juggling it and it finnally got away and landded screen side down on the sidewalk.

Well it survived the fall great, I couldn't believe it, I was so relieved.
The only damage was the scratched housing on the front, the screen was fine not a scratch and it still works as good as ever, so IMHO it's a pretty tough little machine, glad I have TEP anyways though LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan