PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: the kind with buttons
Carrier: the one with antennas

biggbabysweetz1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will sprint work with me?

Alright, so heres the deal.

I bought a mogul new without a contract in december of 07. That phone went on the fritz less than a year later (battery life dropped due to a radio stack issue). Being i had TEP i was able to get a refurb for free. A week later that one took a dump. I've had almost 6 refurbs from sprint in total. The final refurb i got from sprint was FLAWLESS!!! it worked perfectly in every aspect, no white spots, keyboard was responsive and everything.

Unfortunately while at work a couple weeks ago (private security) I got involved in a domestic disturbance and i got punched in the chest. My phone was in my right breast pocket of my uniform and between the force of the punch and a steel trauma plate in my bullet resistant vest my phone's digitizer took a whooping. I ended up having to contact asurion to get a replacement, 100 dollars later and a free upgrade to next day shipping later (the upgrade was nice i'll admit) I had a freshly refurbished unit from asurion.

This unit also works VERY well, however despite the fact that it can sit ON A CHARGER it still dies. The only way I've been able to charge it is to remove the battery to turn it off and charge it without turning it on. Otherwise i use my damaged phone as a surrogate charger. Maximum battery life with BT off, backlight setting set low, WiFi off, and hell when its in my pocket the screen is completely off. the battery lasts a maximum of 30 minutes. that's not an exageration either, at minimum i have to replace the battery every 30 minutes. Worst part is my phone wont make a peep about it dying unless someone sends a text or call while its at 10%.

I went through the same refurb loop with my 6700 until i grew tired of it.

Heres my question, Im done with refurb loops completely and want to get my hands on the Touch Pro 2. Anyone have any experience with sprint allowing them to do a payment plan kind of thing with hardware? instead of an upfront 349 dollars?? I dont want to do another 2 years but if it means i get a deal on a phone i really have no choice. I rely on my phone as a life line because it will work in places our radios do not. I unfortunately am having a hard time making ends meet as it is with a full time job, full time school, and a family to take care of.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:12 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Will sprint work with me?

I hear some people that when they do enough exchanges they get a free upgrade..but it is a hassle. The TP2 "may" also drop once verizon's comes out.

If you wanna try for a deal, you can try retentions.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will sprint work with me?

well, that sounds reasonable. (and polite)
copy, past, send to ecare.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan