PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
x51
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 (Titan)
Carrier: Verizon

x51 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help choosing a WM 6.5 Rom

Thanks to all the awesome chefs out there!

I am running build 21501 (With NueKernel High memory)
I have 25mb of ram free at boot, and throughout the day with Activesync Exchange syncing and the hundreds of texts I sometimes get.. It goes as low as 11mb - 12mb.

This rom is stable and fast. I have found a few minor bugs but nothing serious.

I would like to upgrade to a newer build. Can I get some suggestions on the newest most stable version to go with. I prefer cleaner builds so I can add my own apps. I use this phone for work and I'm on call 24X7. It needs to work reliably. Any suggestions?

I already know if the phone is so important I shouldnt be playing around flashing it but thats why I'm asking. Trying to do a bit of research among those who tested the available offerings to determine the next most stable step from 21501.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Help choosing a WM 6.5 Rom

23016 or 23017 by bbsandkm. I'm using 23016 and only a small memory leak. Hey, it is Window Mobile, right? Battery usually lasts all day. I use mine for work so it's very stable. Maybe add something to manage memory like Oxios Hibernate.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:32 PM
x51
Lurker
Threadstarter

x51 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
23016 or 23017 by bbsandkm. I'm using 23016 and only a small memory leak. Hey, it is Window Mobile, right? Battery usually lasts all day. I use mine for work so it's very stable. Maybe add something to manage memory like Oxios Hibernate.
thanks!... I'd love to try it, but unfortunately there are no links. It looks like bbsandkm edited all his previous rom posts and I can only find links to the latest version.

I tried the 23017 rom by btonetbone and it's really awsome, but it's missing the touch (or vogue) dialer... and thats a deal breaker. The included one is ugly and cant be skinned. I can use tdial designer and make a skin in 5 mins to match my theme perfectly. Any replacement dialer I installed was all messed up. parts of the old one were still there...

I'm flashing Mattsm's build now to try.

I may just have to stick with Ryan Moguls Older version 21501
Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I usually keep a copy of my ROM. PM me and I'll can try e-mailing it to you.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:36 PM
x51
Lurker
Threadstarter

x51 is a n00b

Actually, I just realized, if I go to the thread and the 4shared link for 23041.. There is a folder Icon on 4shared that shows bbsandkm's entire folder. This has his 23017 builds B and C.. now I'm just looking for the difference.

I appreciate the help!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

The best option is to do a little reading and build your own custom rom, it took me a little while to figure out but, I have everything I like, not what everyone else likes in their roms.

JooJooBee666 posts the PPCkitchen files of for the new builds in the WM 6.5 developer thread, just needs some files put in the right places and editing a few text files then you can do it too...

it will take some trial and error but, once you do it, you'll love it...and be very addicted, like I have been.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan