PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 10:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noob Question.. Installing software/hacks, etc

I'll be damned if I can get anything to install. I'd love to get Skype to work. Having skype out is about 3/4 of the reason I bought the Mogul. I would have just as soon stayed with TMobile.

I've downloaded three different versions including the one in the thread for VOIP on this forum and two from the Skype form. All I get for my efforts is a message saying that skype is not a valid program and that was with the .exe version. For the CAB version I get a message saying installation was unsuccessful. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I got a message that PHMRegEdit isn't a valid program when I went to install it as well. ActiveSync won't recognize it like it did with PDANet.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.
Carrier: Sprint

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa
Have you tried doing a hard reset (after backing up your contacts if you can) and then trying from the beginning?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
I got skype to install but i still can't get that registry edit program to install. I'd love to get that to work to tweak my BT setting
Old 09-09-2007, 08:02 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Do you know that the .exe programs need to be run from your PC through ActivSync? I don't use Skype so once loaded I cant help you much there, but if the .cab says it loaded successfully than you should be ready to sign on. If a program shows up in the start menu on this device there wont be a quick launch icon in programs so when you load programs on your Mogul be sure to check the start menu for the quick launcher, lots of programs will put the launcher there.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan