PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 09:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dave52355 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6800 makes my brain hurt!

I unlocked my XV6800 with oily 2.40. Flashed a custom ROM RM 2.2 WM 6.5 with Cricket as the carrier.
The phone has PRI of 2.03_002 and a radio of 3.37.75.

All working very well except 2 things:

1: On GPSviewer I get the scrolling $gpgsa/A,A1,,,,,, but never a lock even after 30 minutes. On google maps I get seeking gps satellites (37827308 but never locks on. It appears that the GPSOne chip is visable on com4 @ 4800 baud. I have tried many of the GPS fixes with no improvement.

I was told I needed to relock the phone return it back to the VZR stock rom install another radio and than unlock and reflash the custom ROM. However I've read that any radio after 35 works for GPS and that I can load a new radio without reverting. So I'm really confused as to which way to go. I get nervous flashing you never know what can go wrong.

My 2nd issue is that applications that require inet connections do not always connect such as the weather app. It may take 3-5 tries to update. MMS works great. IE connects every time. Opera mini 2-3 attempts before connecting. Pandora never connects. I've reviewed my settings multiple times and can not see where the error may be.

Any help is greatly appeciated, Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 05:27 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: XV6800 makes my brain hurt!

ok on the gps you need agps settings adjusted and
on the connection to the internet you may need a data carrier cab.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

dave52355 is a n00b

Thank you for te response. I did do the aGPS settings adjustment. The custom ROM was configured for cricket. I do have data as IE connects without problem and MMS work fine. However, I can reload the data.cab if you think it would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

radio looks good
pri looks good
data connecting is good
6.5 ROM ????

try other roms out there and see if it happens on other roms, you seem to have it all but the time it takes to connect is very slow.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dave52355 is a n00b

I did a hard reset which seems to have resolved the connection issues. But I am still having issues with the GPS not locking. After he hard reset I redid the aGPS fix but still no lock. Any ROMs you would recommend?

Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 05:45 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND

try using your gps right after a soft reset and use a priming program like mGpsCmd
Old 08-22-2009, 06:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dave52355 is a n00b

I get the scrolling messages ( $gpgsa/A,A1,,,,, ) that look like they just repeat over and over again and no lock. I think its new rom time.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dave52355 is a n00b

So I tried 2 other ROMs with the same results no GPS lock. I guess its time to swap radios. Would having the Blue tooth effect the GPS? Also on the radio swap do I need to relock the phone put a Verizon rom on it upgrade rdio than oily 2.40 to unlock again?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 05:38 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND

click on the gps status tab and tell me if there is any movement there (red circles showing on the screen)

and the 64 million dollar question: is your location ON?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dave52355 is a n00b

There is no red circles showing up anywhere, and yes location is on. I've tried setting to 911 only than soft reset than resetting to location on than soft reset. I sat out last night for 30 minutes with google maps. 3 times I got gps weak screen before I gave up for the night.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan