PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whats your opinion on Iconsoft PhoneX?

My Windows mobile newsletter had a small writeup about iconsofts phonex and it looked kinda cool so I thought I'd give it a try on my Mogul. So far, I like it a whole lot better than the stock dialer and I really like the haptic feedback when you touch the keys. I'm using the trial now but was wondering if anyone has some feedback they want to share with me before I spend the money to buy it.
So far, it seems to work fine and doesn't slow anything down.
I'm running the stock Spring 6.1 ROM and use SPB Mobile Shell.

Thanks,
David
Old 08-13-2009, 06:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Re: Whats your opinion on Iconsoft PhoneX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
My Windows mobile newsletter had a small writeup about iconsofts phonex and it looked kinda cool so I thought I'd give it a try on my Mogul. So far, I like it a whole lot better than the stock dialer and I really like the haptic feedback when you touch the keys. I'm using the trial now but was wondering if anyone has some feedback they want to share with me before I spend the money to buy it.
So far, it seems to work fine and doesn't slow anything down.
I'm running the stock Spring 6.1 ROM and use SPB Mobile Shell.

Thanks,
David
gotta throw screenshots out there to keep the natives happy

It does look cool, but it also looks like a copy of the HTC dialer with some iPhone fluffiness
Old 09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Been using it for just over a month now and I must say that I really like it. I know there are custom dialers that are free that have bigger keys, but PhoneEx's keypad is great and along with the haptics (vibration) when I touch a key, works great for me. The contacts list is better than that in SPB Mobile Shell 3 and the integration with the contacts and SMS involves fewer steps. If it wasn't for SPB MS's other features, I'd remove it to free up the storage space and resources.

David
Old 09-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

mrb72906 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I've been using Iconsoft PhonEx for a while now and I loved it.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Used it on my mogul for a month and really liked it. I think the best part was the larger keys and haptic feedback when you hit the softkeys. Was way better than my mogul's dialer. Yes, I know there are other shins that give larger dialers but this just seemed to work much better.
I just got a HTC Touch pro and after a day of using the somewhat better dialer than the moguls, decided to install another trial of Phonex and it is significantly better (again) than the stock dialer.

I just noticed that they updated to version 2.0 which I'll be trying out. their website for anyone interested is www.iconsoft.com

david

Last edited by DaveTN; 10-03-2009 at 10:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan