PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 01:56 PM
braxx

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
How do I set up a Mogul for Navizon W/O cell service?

I have a Sprint Mogul ( PPC6800 ) with the STOCK WM_6.1 rom.
It is no longer in service on my cell plan. I would like to use it as a dedicated PDA/Navizon device.
One problem is it keeps trying to dial 777 or what ever for data repeatedly.
How do I or what changes do I change to make it useful for Navizon data collection?
I've tried to just turn the phone OFF ( Hold down the red call end button) but it doesn't collect any AP or Cell ( I assume because the radio is off?) data. It doesn't even start to count them. Like it doesn't even get to the 0 AP - 0 Cell. That line/row stays blank.
Any suggestions? Anyone use a Mogul for just Navizon with out cell phone service? How do you do it?
Also, how would I SYNC the data once I collect it? I assume I'd have to connect to the internet via wifi.
Thanks,
Josh
Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I set up a Mogul for Navizon W/O cell service?

Use local database mode and not remote mode. IF you havent signed up already use the link in my signature.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I suggest quickgps for faster locks. I also recommend camerabuddy for running and stopping navizon.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
braxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Use local database mode and not remote mode. IF you havent signed up already use the link in my signature.
I assume under Options > Data > Locator = Local Database

It says that's a premium feature. Can I select it anyway? ( I don't have a Premium account, just Lite. But I will upgrade with this next reward )
Do I do anything with the check boxes for:
Work Offline
Auto Sync

Sorry, I've been signed up. Just trying to get the last 3K points for my 2nd reward.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
braxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I suggest quickgps for faster locks. I also recommend camerabuddy for running and stopping navizon.
Is the BAF GPS ( just installed it ) just as good as quickgps?
I can stop it without issue. How will camerabuddy be better?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Mr. Chevy

Work offline completely eliminates navizon going to internet. So you have to disable for syncing. Just left auto sync and work offline unchecked. BAFgps is just a qps prime app. It doesnt function anything like quickgps. Get quickgps here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...69&postcount=2

Cameraware buddy also you to choose the wifi scan interval. Select autostart and run navizon instead in camerawarebuddy. Also you push run with camera to run navizon. Then if Navizon freezes and doesnt exit. Simply minimize navizon and press stop on camera. This closes navizon and prevents a needed soft reset button push.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

oekool84 is a n00b

I was checking out this thread looking for a GPS that does not require a data plan for my xv6800. It seems like navizon is the way to go!
What are the other apps you mentioned? BAFgps, camera buddy and quickgps?
Do I need those? without them you mentioned a soft reset?

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Mr. Chevy

Sometimes navizon freezes and that is why I say to use cameraware buddy. If oyu want gps without data use garmin XT. I use navizon just to make money by logging wifi and cell towers.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:25 AM
braxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by oekool84 View Post
I was checking out this thread looking for a GPS that does not require a data plan for my xv6800. It seems like navizon is the way to go!
What are the other apps you mentioned? BAFgps, camera buddy and quickgps?
Do I need those? without them you mentioned a soft reset?

Thanks for your help!
Navizon does require data to d/l maps.
I'm not using data because the ONLY thing I use it for is to collect GPS locations of cell towers and Wifi AP's. It won't show me a map, it wont do navigation etc...
Old 09-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You would be better off using Garmin or tomTom for this as they do not require DATA to work, all the maps are on the card. You can enable the GPS in the mogul without a carrier contract so the only feature you would lose is traffic info.

And if you could get the mogul to lock on passing WiFi hotspots (I would think it impossible!) you wouldn't lose traffic data either!

I may even try this with my old Mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan