PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
keep screen off when playing A2DP / AVRCP music?

So, just about every media player has a screen toggle button so you can shut it when listening to music, right?

What about those of us who use bluetooth stereo headsets for our wireless music? When you press the remote commands (AVRCP; ff, rew, pause/play), the screen wakes up!
This means that you have to pull the device out and toggle the screen back off after each command, which negates the very purpose of having the remote controls!!!

There must be a better way!

I've heard that the CorePlayer automatically shuts the screen back off after an AVRCP command, but there must be another way- or at least, one that doesn't require purchased software!
What do you guys think?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
I use Pocket Player as my primary audio player along with TCPMP and WMP depending on the situation. PP lets you set how soon after idle the screen will turn off. I have mine set to 25 seconds but you could make it much shorter than that so it would turn off right after the AVRCP command.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
What if you run the screen lock program instead of using the power button to turn the screen off?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
I use Pocket Player as my primary audio player along with TCPMP and WMP depending on the situation. PP lets you set how soon after idle the screen will turn off. I have mine set to 25 seconds but you could make it much shorter than that so it would turn off right after the AVRCP command.
green soft GSPlayer does the same thing and you can set it all the way down to 5 seconds ... i havent tried with AVRCP yet but figured i would mention it..
Old 09-08-2007, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: AT&T

scottymomo is becoming a great contributor
I use the phm screensaver app, works great.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
well i know this thread is a little old now but i just started using S2U2 with my newly aquired Motorola MOTOROKR S9 and it works wonderfully ... not nearly as slow or bloated as the original Slide2Unlock either ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan