PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Charge
Carrier: verizon

Lateadopter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new XV6800

My XV6800 arrived yesterday. I know this phone has been around a few years, but I wanted a smart phone with wifi that I didn't need to have a data package with. I have a few questions. First should a continue using the mw 6.1 that came on the phone or can I upgrade to 6.5. Second, verizion is telling me that micrsd will only support up to 4gb. Is this true, or can I buy a 8gb or 16gb?

What else should I look to change on this phone to make it run at its full potential?

thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: new XV6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateadopter View Post
My XV6800 arrived yesterday. I know this phone has been around a few years, but I wanted a smart phone with wifi that I didn't need to have a data package with. I have a few questions. First should a continue using the mw 6.1 that came on the phone or can I upgrade to 6.5. Second, verizion is telling me that micrsd will only support up to 4gb. Is this true, or can I buy a 8gb or 16gb?

What else should I look to change on this phone to make it run at its full potential?

thanks
First, be careful with how you connect with email and such. If you're not careful it will connect via data and you will have a large bill without knowing it.
I have an eight GB microsd in mine with no problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Disabling data connection. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post10377230

Also any size microsd card will work in your phone
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Get to know WM 6.1 and your device before you decide to make the jump to 6.5. You may find out that WM 6.1 will suit you just fine. Another thing to be aware of with the 6800 is that its memory is somewhat limited, I believe you have a total of 64MB and a portion of that is occupied by your OS. Two things will help you deal with this. First, install whatever you can to your card (those apps that run at startup must be installed to your device) and second, get and use a good cleanup app. Junk files eat up more space than you know. MemMaid and SK Tools are both excellent for this.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan