PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kasracer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Changing the Soft button for Messaging and button for lock

I've been extremely happy with my Mogul so far but I have three things that bother me that I'm hoping someone knows how to customize them
  • I changed the registry key so I could change the soft button on the today screen (bottom left) to open my messages but it's annoying how it opens on the list of accounts everytime. Is there a way for me to click on the soft button and take me directly to my text messages? Perhaps something I can pass to the pmail application?
  • I'm really used to my Treo 700wx that had the bottom left soft button as "New" when you're inside of your messages. For some reason the Mogul has this button as delete so I've accidently deleted a few messages. Is there a way I can change this button from delete to new?
  • And lastly! How can I use a hardware button to engage my phone's lock rather than tapping the screen each time? I would really like to be able to press and/or hold briefly the red phone button to do this but still have my hanging up ability. Ideas?

If anyone can solve these 3 things for me.... hmmbut I don't really have anything to give you but I would be very greatful!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor
Re: Changing the Soft button for Messaging and button for lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasracer
I've been extremely happy with my Mogul so far but I have three things that bother me that I'm hoping someone knows how to customize them
  • I changed the registry key so I could change the soft button on the today screen (bottom left) to open my messages but it's annoying how it opens on the list of accounts everytime. Is there a way for me to click on the soft button and take me directly to my text messages? Perhaps something I can pass to the pmail application?

You can open up outlook while there are no new messages, select menu, options and uncheck the box that says display account picker when opening messaging.
  • I'm really used to my Treo 700wx that had the bottom left soft button as "New" when you're inside of your messages. For some reason the Mogul has this button as delete so I've accidently deleted a few messages. Is there a way I can change this button from delete to new?
  • And lastly! How can I use a hardware button to engage my phone's lock rather than tapping the screen each time? I would really like to be able to press and/or hold briefly the red phone button to do this but still have my hanging up ability. Ideas?

Go to start, settings, buttons, and select a button to map to the program

If anyone can solve these 3 things for me.... hmmbut I don't really have anything to give you but I would be very greatful!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Maximus192ad is a n00b

Quote:
Is there a way for me to click on the soft button and take me directly to my text messages? Perhaps something I can pass to the pmail application?
In messages click ... Menu -> Tools -> Options

Uncheck Display account picker when opening Messaging

Is that basically what you want?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Lurker

VulnoX is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus192ad
Quote:
Is there a way for me to click on the soft button and take me directly to my text messages? Perhaps something I can pass to the pmail application?

I was excited when you said that because I thought it would solve my problem as well. But now when I hit the e-mail button it takes me to my text messages instead of my Gmail folder, and my text message button still takes me to text messages.

So I have to leave it on to select my Gmail.

Darn, so close.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Maximus192ad is a n00b
if you hit the email button (top left of Mogul opposite Internet Explorer Button ... it should cycle through text messages - gmail - pocket outlook and any other email accounts you have set up). Just hit it several times in a row and you will see. It should remember the last one it was on if you end up on gmail. Try that.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Lurker

VulnoX is a n00b
Quote:
if you hit the email button (top left of Mogul opposite Internet Explorer Button ... it should cycle through text messages - gmail - pocket outlook and any other email accounts you have set up). Just hit it several times in a row and you will see. It should remember the last one it was on if you end up on gmail. Try that.
Thanks, I donated $5 to ya.

My problem is that I am using that HTC Home plugin and when I hit the Text Message shortcut it brings up text messaging, but then the e-mail one only brings up text messaging from then on. Guess I could just use the e-mail button to cycle though.

I will see how it works, thanks for the tip!
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Kasracer is a n00b

Quote:
Quote:

Yup, that's perfect for me! Now onto those last two items (so close!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan