PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Lurker

inbox7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul Bluetooth Connection Problems: Connection...Denied

I'm trying to connect my new Sprint Mogul to my Toshiba M400 Laptop (wth Vista) throug bluetooth. I start the pairing process, enter a passcode on the computer, then when prompted, enter a passcode on my PPC. The second I hit NEXT on the PPC, Windows Vista says "Connection from [PPC] has been denied.

I'm stumped...any ideas how to fix this?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
my initial thought would be u haven't enabled wireless Activesync in activesync properties
Old 07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
This belongs in the Titan forum (which is the codename for the Mogul). I'm moving it there so you can get more appropriate responses.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Lurker

sntmods is a n00b
I am having the same issue, help?

-Dan
Old 07-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

inbox7 is a n00b
It's not an activesync issue. The computer won't pair with the device to do any task.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Maximus192ad is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox7
It's not an activesync issue. The computer won't pair with the device to do any task.
I had the same problem on my Dell Laptop. What I did to get it to work was uninstall the bluetooth stack from the control panel (Add/Remove Programs).

I then used the add new hardware wizard to reinstall the Bluetooth drivers using defaults from Windows XP SP2. (not the specific ones that came with the laptop)

I was warry of using the windows default drivers but for me, the only other thing I used with bluetooth on the laptop was a bluetooth mouse and it worked fine again after doing this.

The Mogul connected and then synced after that fine. Just follow the help directions in ActiveSync 4.5 for syncing with Bluetooth.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Lurker

chapski is a n00b
I have that problem also, but when trying to connect to other phones. When I am trying to connect to a phone or another device there should be an option to create a new outgoing port. In bluetooth settings there is a "com ports" tab but there are not any options when you select the tab. Has anyone been successful doing this or is it my phone?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

inbox7 is a n00b
Digging through Google but haven't found anything...really stumped on this one.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Maximus192ad is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox7
Digging through Google but haven't found anything...really stumped on this one.
On your Mogul
Start ... Settings ... Connections ... Bluetooth is your computer listed in the Devices tab?

if so ... when you click on it ... what is listed in the box "Select services to use from this device."?

Activesync should be listed with a check next to it
Old 08-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

inbox7 is a n00b
Getting Closer - Activesync finally works

Ok so after some more digging, I've made some progress. I though I would post. Hopefully it will help others. If anybody can get PDANet working through Activesync & Bluetooth, all my problems are solved.

First, the Toshiba Bluetooth stac is problematic. I was able to finally establish a PAN partnership but only when I clicked 'Connect' in Internet Sharing on the PPC first. I couldn't get connected to the web using the phones EVDO though. IE on the computer timed out. Also, Activesync was never listed on either the computer or the PPC as a service.

Many sites suggested dumping the Toshiba Bluetooth driver and use the MS driver instead so I gave that a shot. Right click on My Computer and go to the device manager. Right click on the main bluetooth driver and select 'Update Driver.' You should have two options...MS and Toshiba (or other Manufacturer). Select the MS driver.

The new driver installed and the laptop saw the PPC & paired on the first attempt. However, in order to get Activesync to work, I had to follow these steps from another website (they used a Treo in the example but it worked for my Mogul; you have to do the pairing from the phone exactly as described):

1. Ensure BT is on on both PC and Treo 700w and each is in discover mode.

2. In BT setup on Treo. DELETE any existing partnership with the PC.

3. In Activesync on the Treo, choose Connect via Bluetooth. Of course, Activesync will say it cannot, but will ask if you want to set up a new partnership. Choose yes.

4. When the Treo BT app comes up and presents the Devices tab, click new partneship. Go through the normal pairing process when it finds your PC (entering passcode on treo, accepting connection on PC, entering passcode on PC, etc.). It will probably not show "Activesync" as a service on the PC yet.

5. In ActiveSync on the PC, go to Connection settings. Verify that allowing connections via com ports (combo box) is checked and you can see a list of available com ports.

6. Here's the trial and error part. Start by selecting the first COM port in the list, clicking OK. If Activesysnc gives you an error, start Step 5 over again and choose the next COM port on the list until you get one that does not produce an AS error (cannot connect to COM port). NOTE: DO NOT select "Bluetooth" from the drop down list. Don't forget to click OK each time, to close the Connection Settings dialog box.

7. On the Treo click refresh. If "Activesync" shows up as a service from the PC, check it and you should be OK to select "Connect via Bluetooth" on the Treo and start synchronizing. If "Activesync" still does not show up as a service, go back to Step 5 and just keep moving on to the next COM port in the list. One of them should work eventually.

Now, I'm trying to get PDANet to work through Activesync but no luck yet. PDAnet doesn't see the connection.

Any suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan