PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sd_wireless is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashed from Qwest -> Verizon & No MMS

I have a Qwest 6800 that I flashed over to Verizon and have been using for a couple of weeks now. The cellular voice functions work fine, as does Windows Mobile. However, I cannot upload or download MMS messages.

I get notified that they are there, but when I try to open them I see, "Your message has not been downloaded. Click "Download"".

When I select Download I get the envelope and arrow icon, but it eventually just goes away, with no error and no content being downloaded. Sending is pretty much the same. I get an error message saying delivery failed.

The friendly folks at the local Verizon shop were a bit befuddled when I came in and asked for help. I had to boot the phone for them so they could see the Verizon splash screen at boot up. They told me a phone migrated from another carrier will not do data, but then they also said Windows Mobile won't do MMS.

I'm not sure what information I should give, but here are a few items that might be relevant...
The MMS server is set to Verizon Wireless.
The data network number is #777. There is no user name, password, or domain defined. I have pay as you go data. Eventually I want to disable dialing #777, but I had read that MMS should work over WiFi. Once (or if) I get MMS working I'll take closer look at killing #777.

Last edited by sd_wireless; 03-14-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b
Re: Flashed from Qwest -> Verizon & No MMS

I hope bumping after only one days isn't overly impatient....
Old 03-15-2009, 08:49 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

MMS does not work on wifi sorry
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

Well that's a bummer... How about getting data to work after migrating from Qwest to Verizon. Do you know if that is possible?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:55 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

yes install the carrier cab of your CURRENT provider. if you have unlimited pix and flix from verizon you can connect and use the MMS and you will NOT get billed for sending pix or videos.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND

wait a minute.. i just read this (i dont think it works) but you may want to try it. they say that mms DOES work over wifi http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=wifi+mms+work

check them out and post here please
Old 03-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

Thanks for tip about the CAB. I've loaded it, and I'm still getting the same errors. I'm trying about to see if I get any love out of the 2nd tier data tech support from Verizon.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

No joy. After trouble shooting he asked it this was always a Verizon phone. I told him no. We kept trouble shooting and it's still not working. Eventually he threw in the towel and said what probably happened is that the Data Key is not correct for Verizon. Unless I can get that resolved I won't be able to use this on the data network.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:56 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND

mms also has to be carrier specific. what i mean is that you have to download the mms cab for your carrier along with the data cab. let me get the mms for verizon for you

mms cab for verizon here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404345

a tip here (last post) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=489525
Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

Thanks for the link. I've applied both CABs now. Unfortunately, it's now worse than before. I'm not sure if that is the result of something done by tech support, or me.

Now when I try to download an MMS message, as far as I can tell, the phone is doing nothing. No indication it's actually trying to download it and no error message. Support had me enter a username (<10 digit>@vzw3g.com) and a password of vzw. However, as far as I can tell this is not saving, because every time I look at this it's blank.

Also, if I try to force a data connection, I still get:
Data Call Failure
Error Code: 4
Network Authentication Failed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan