PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX 6800

esp164 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Wifi for my VX6800

I just purchased the HTC Mogul VX6800 through Verizon and the data plans available are kind of pricey. Is there anyway I can use the internet from the comforts from my own home with the wifi I already have? I don't want any hidden charges popping up on me later, any advice or help would be appreciated!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:05 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Wifi for my VX6800

You can always use that WiFi and disable the data connection.

Delete HTC_CM_GUARDIAN.LNK from \Windows\startup

Then go to Start Menu-->Settings-->Connections-->Connections and go the advanced tab and tap Select Networks and delete all the settings.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 03-04-2009 at 10:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Are you looking at the $45 plan or the $30 plan because they will not volunteer that information out. Both plans do the same but one is geared towards personal usage and other other towards company usage. But there are so many WiFi spots available Data isnt always needed but can come in handy. I have it and get all my mail pushed to me, weather updates every 2 hours and you have to have Data to do MMS. You cannot do MMS with WiFi.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:37 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

You do not have to have data plan to do MMS, just can't have a block.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
That is correct.

My son has an xv6800 & he can send MMS with no data plan. He doesn't really need data as he has wifi 24/7.

At one point, there was a data block on his # & then MMS did not work.

~John
Old 03-04-2009, 06:29 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yeah. I think I gave you that little work out I think...
Old 03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Yeah. I think I gave you that little work out I think...
Yea, you're probably right......

This site is totally awesome, I have learned so much from posters here it is just amazing really.....

~John
Old 03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX 6800
Threadstarter

esp164 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
You can always use that WiFi and disable the data connection.

Delete HTC_CM_GUARDIAN.LNK from \Windows\startup

Then go to Start Menu-->Settings-->Connections-->Connections and go the advanced tab and tap Select Networks and delete all the settings.
Awesome! Very helpful, now if I delete the settings are they deleted for good?
Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

I am not 100% sure. You may call Verizion and put a data block on your phone.

You may also look at
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59762
Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
That is correct.

My son has an xv6800 & he can send MMS with no data plan. He doesn't really need data as he has wifi 24/7.

At one point, there was a data block on his # & then MMS did not work.

~John
Ok, geniuses, cough up the info on how to do MMS over WiFi with VZW because I never could get it to work and always understood you couldnt do it over WiFi, thus needing the data plan for cellualr data.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan