PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Receive calls only 50% of the time

Everyone is telling me they have called me many times and they get 3 rings and it goes to voicemail. I have verified this by calling myself from home phone and 6800 doesn't even turn on. If I leave a msg then 30 mins or more later the phone turns on and I get the vmail notification. I get NO rings, NO missed call notification, nothing untill the vmail comes in sometime later. Sometimes it comes in while I am dialing out another call....
I have been on the phone with VZW tech and they have sent me 5 phones. All seem to have the same symptoms. The latest 2 have the MR2 upgrade pre-installed. They opened a trouble ticket to see maybe it is something other than the phone, but nothing.

Yesterday I took an old LG 8000 charged it up and activated it. I STILL get missed calls???
Is there some setting I can try to force the phone to answer more reliably? I have had VZW in the same location for over 8 years and never have had this..

Has anyone else been experiancing similar problems?
I am on a family share with 4 phones and no-one else has this.... this is so weird....
Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: Verizon

neumannk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Receive calls only 50% of the time

I had the same problem with the xv6700 below is what I did to fix the problem. I have did this to my current xv6800 and it helps.

Force EV-DO/1X, quicker ring response
To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Verizons cods is 000000 Open up the phone app and dial ##778 (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

Do a search on changing the "slot cycle index". This controls the amount of time spent handshaking with the tower. Also, you may be using a ring-tone on your storage card, which also takes time to wake-up and load.

The easiest and quickest thing to do is to do a *228 option 2 to update your PRL. There may have been a tower change you have not picked up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

If nothing else, you can call verizon and ask for more rings before your voicemail picks up.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Thanks for the responses...
I have tried all you have mentioned...
I had asked VZvv to give me 8 rings about 3 months ago. I called and asked it is still set that way.... It will ring 3 times to the caller and go to vm. So that didn't help...

I am using a ringer that comes with the phone, so it's not on the card..

The only programs running are HTC Home (the one from a 6900) and MSVC. I have uninstalled both to test them and I still missed just as many calls, so it's not them.

I have gotten about 5 phones in the last few weeks and they all seem to do the same thing but they all vary slightly as to the anount of missed calls. I have called *228 opt 1 so many times lately I feel I should add it to speed dial

I have tried the sci before. I have not tried it with this latest phone. I swapped to an old backup flip phone while I waited for this one to show up and tried the sci with that one... It seemed to help! I will wait a few days to see how many missed calls I get and then change the sci to 1.

Again thanks for all the help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan