PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thinking of moving to the Mogul from the Q

I moved from the T650 to the Q as soon as it was available this past January at Sprint. I like WM better than POS - and I like the keyboard and size better on the Q than I did the Treo. However, I am feeling a little cramped on the Q. Would like a bigger keyboard (I think) and more power than WM SP offers. I have a consulting company and connectivity (email and phone and Office programs) is very important to me. The Q's flakiness is starting to wear on me too. I will use this device as my primary means of communications too - so the actual phone quality is important.

So, no more Treo's for me. Mogul or wait a little and see what other HTC products come to Sprint later this year?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Lurker

assasin78 is a n00b
my mogul is great

i had a moto q and it was the first pda i had. it started to freeze on my when i tried to make a call and kept turning off on me. I got the mogul and no problems at all. htc has the htc touch in europe, i hope that sprint gets it on the fall
Old 07-11-2007, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gameboy213 is a n00b
I would move to the Mogul... Great device. You will be very happy...
Try it for 30 and see...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

:zainy: is a n00b
i use both of those phones(working for sprint makes it nice on sampling phones).

i love the both of them for what they do. each has it's advantage in some form over the other. But the mogul is by and far my favorite phone ever after 2 years of working in the industry.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 AM
daclothe

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Don't fool yourself, using the WM sans touchscreen isn't really running WM. The Mogul far exceeds the Q when it comes to stability, interface (touch vs. no touch / keyboards) as well as the bigger *brighter* screen.

Plus if tethering is important to you, the Mogul wins as well (which has been covered extensively on this site as well as mine). Needless to say I'm a big fan of the Mogul.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bubbatex is a n00b
Yep, stability is becoming an issue - I don't run a lot of programs, but have to restart the Q a few times a day to get speed dial to work, or yesterday IE would not launch, etc.

Any differences in call quality vs. the Q? The Q's phone (when it works right) is pretty good.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gameboy213 is a n00b
I think the call quality is good on both, my lady has the Q. But I like the 6800 a little more... all I can say is it won't be a step backward in that area.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
I have:

PPC 6600
PPC 6700
PPC 6800
Moto Q

Without qustion man, do it!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:40 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
If you are moving from one form factor to another you might not like it. I started with the 6600 than 6700, 700wx, q but went back to my 6700 before getting my Mogul, I just like the sliding qwerty better than anything I have seen with the front facing, open to bang in to, smaller screen Treo type forum factor. Look hard into what the differences are between the two form factors and make sure you can live with having to use two hands to type text messages, and well that's is all I can think of, before you change.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bubbatex is a n00b
BigD5 - thanks - however, the bigger keyboard is a plus IMO. I don't do one-handed typing, but one handed CALLing is important. I think I will probably need a speed dial program (pict dial, etc.) to make up the difference.

I do not care at all about the Treo form-factor. That's why I moved from the T650 to the Q to begin with.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan