PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
$100 on ebay, a scam or the real deal?

Hi, I would first like to say that I just found this community today and can already tell that I am going to love it. I will be purchasing the Mogul in a few days when my contract is up with another carrier. It is just absolutely amazing, and I feel sorry for those that are buying the iPhone thinking they are getting the coolest and best phone out right now.

Anyways, my question was: I was searching on ebay for this phone and found it for just under $100 and was wondering if it was legit? There are about 3-4 sellers, all will very positive feedback, and one being an ebay power seller, selling the Sprint Mogul. It does come with the catch that you have to be a new customer. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has bought the PPC 6800 through ebay and from whom. What was your experience like?

This seems to good to be true. I guess that these guys are affiliates of sprint and get a commission on new plan sign ups, so the loose money on the phone, but make it back plus more on the contract. They even provide a number and everything seems to check out on their site. Does anybody know how they are doing this?

Just search for Sprint Mogul or Mogul 6800 on ebay to see what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance for any help/input
Old 07-11-2007, 09:26 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
I can't say that all of them are legit, but I know that at least some of them are. They normally sell high end phones for cheap like the 6700, Treo lines, and now the 6800. You are better off buying a new phone off of the SERO plan for $288 because the monthly charges are much cheaper.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
Look at their feedback. If it looks like it is legit, it probably is. I've read quite a few people on SprintUsers that have made out well with those deals you just have to make sure to follow their terms and conditions. They will *probably* force you onto a $79.99 Free Incoming plan with unlimited txt and unlimited data for 30 days or you lose the discount on the phone.

SERO is the better deal in the long run, you might pay $200 more for the phone but you save every month for 2+ years.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Sure cable & wireless

mad2fly is a n00b
I got my Mogul off ebay for $99.99. I didn't have the SERO option because I was told that my area wasn't eligible.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
They attach contract/pricey plans with those deals. That's how they make their money and sell you the phone for cheap. Read the auction carefully I am pretty sure it explains everything and remember to read all the feedbacks and seller ratings to make sure you're not dealing with a scammer.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Lurker

desrste is a n00b
$99.00 From Sprint

I also saw a post where someone bought a new Mogul for $99.00. I was very curious so I called the listed phone numbers for the Ebay vendors and as luck would have it...I could not get anyone on the phone. Reviewing the feedback and everything else the vendors looked legit, but not being able to reach anyone I thought I would give Sprint a call to see what they could do. I expected them to say "yeah right" but instead was very surprised to hear the rep on the other end say "sure we can do that" (that is of course after he talked to a supervisor to get approval). So I now have a 6700 and a Mogul up and running at the same time. (I'm keeping my 6700 working until they get all of the Bluetooth, Sprint TV, Sprint Music, and Telenav issues worked out) Maybe this is why they were willing to make a deal.

Since you are already a Sprint customer and your contract is about to expire...it is worth a try.

Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Sure cable & wireless

mad2fly is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebula
They attach contract/pricey plans with those deals. That's how they make their money and sell you the phone for cheap. Read the auction carefully I am pretty sure it explains everything and remember to read all the feedbacks and seller ratings to make sure you're not dealing with a scammer.
I don't know where you get this information but the plan I have is the same that is on the sprint web site. $39.99 for 450 minutes with free nights and weekends starting at 7pm and free mobile to mobile and $15.00 for Sprint® Power VisionSM Access Pack.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor
So, are you saying that you were able to get the $99 from Sprint directly?
You weren't able to get the SERO plan too were you?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Be wary of ebay feedback. It is easy to falsify.

If you look at some of their reputations, they have a lot of positive feedback with occasional negative feedback about the phone never being sent.

This could mean they use dummy accounts for the positive and the negative feedback were real buyers. This makes their feedback look mostly good.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
SprintDepot=Legit
That's who I bought mine from. $99.00
(2nd device I've bought from them)
Quick shipping (2 days).
No sero, but great service. No changes to plan for 30 days
so discounts can process.
Ask for Joon, nice guy.
*I have no affiliation with these folks, I am
just a satisfied customer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan